Hammer++ is a community-made modification of the Valve Hammer Editor for Source that provides an updated, more stable, feature-rich version of the editor. The trailer and website can be found here.
Hammer++ currently supports the following branches of the Source engine:
It is also included with Military Conflict: Vietnam, in lieu of vanilla Hammer.
Other games/mods tested
Important:In order to use CS:GO Hammer++, you must have the
csgo_legacy beta branch installed for Counter-Strike 2.
- Accurate lighting preview
- Upgraded graphic fidelity
- Significantly better stability
- Particle rendering
- 2D + 3D skybox preview
- New model browser, particle browser, color editor, and keybinding editor
- Realtime display of fog and ropes
- Variety of new tools such as physics simulation, gizmo manipulation, drawing of polygon shapes, and convex brush merging
- Quality of life improvements
- ... and much more!
A more detailed feature list can be found on the website and you can support ficool2 via Ko-fi
Bug:Always uses Windows's high-DPI scaling setting, even when scaling override mode is set to "Application" in File Explorer's compatibility settings for
hammerplusplus.exe. This can result in less real estate than Hammer 4.x, depending on Windows settings.
Additional bugs can be found in the official issue tracker, which is no longer maintained.