a program that fixes map sources files. Useful for porting and maps.
- Automatically replaces missing textures, models and skyboxes with ones from the beta;
- Fixes "black" brushes and models;
- Updates HL1 entities to HL2 ones and sets Inputs/Outputs automatically.
- Automatically adds Inputs/Outputs
- Moves keyvalues from entitie's axis into MoveDir keyvalue for func_button, func_door and some other entities
- Replaces env_sound for working env_soundscape with proper keyvalues
- Adds correct SOLID keyvalue for prop_static entity
- Adds correct MoveSound keyvalues for func_tractrain
- Moves values from "mass" keyvalue into "massScale" keyvalue, supported by the engine
- Replaces npcweapon_mp5k with weapon_smg1 for npc_metropolice
- Fixes sound names that were ranamed since 2001 for func_door_rotating and ambient_generic
- This script was written on LUA, so you can easily edit it at your discretion.
- Unzip the VMF Updater folder from this archive
- Run VMFUpdater.exe, press Load File and select the .vmf file you want to fix
- Press Update and wait for a few seconds
- Save the fixed file, don't forget to append ".vmf"