Notepad++ VDF Language Plugins
is a free source code editor that supports custom text highlighting. Highlighting rules are available for many Valve languages. To install them:
- Download the languages on GitHub here
- Extract the XML files to
%appdata% should automatically resolve to a full path.
Supported file formats and files
- VDF (.vdf)
- KeyValues2 (No default extension due to very large potential filesize)
- Response rules (.talker)
- Soundscripts (.soundscript)
- Materials (.vmt)
- Actbusy (.vdf)
- Soundscapes (.soundscape)
- QC (.qc, .qci)
- SMD (.smd, .vta)
- Weapon script (No appropriate extension)
- FGD (.fgd)
- VBSP (.vbsp)
Fix: Rename the files in these cases: so long as the correct name is in the manifests, it doesn't matter what your soundscripts, response rules scripts, or soundscapes are called.
You can see the custom extensions which had been set up for this purpose in the list above.
If you want to set a language manually in Notepad++, use the
Compiling QC model scripts
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\alien swarm\bin\studiomdl.exe" -nop4 -r "$(FULL_CURRENT_PATH)"
Press OK to compile.
- Legacy Version
- Highlighting and Compiling QCs with ConTEXT
- Gmod Lua Highlighter plugin
- Improved/Extended vmt syntax highlighter for Notepad++