Is this what you're looking for?
Valve Developer Community editing resources
Welcome to the Valve Developer Community! If you're new, you might want to check out some of these pages:
- Valve Developer Community:About - a brief explanation of the VDC and its goals
- Valve Developer Community:Community Portal - a guide to some of the many things you will find on the VDC
- A guide to how to edit, including wiki markup, templates, and style guidelines
- About images and how to insert them into articles
- Basic information on cleaning up problematic articles, and templates you can use to mark problems
- Information on stubs, which are very short articles that should be expanded by someone with the appropriate knowledge
- This page explains what images are and are not acceptable. Images which do not conform to policy will be deleted!
- Information on what types of articles are eligible for deletion, and how to mark the articles so they can be deleted by administrators.
- Protected pages are pages that can only be edited by administrators. Read more about protected pages and find out how to request a page be protected.
- Thinking about making a mod or an article about a mod? Don't make an article until you've read this page! It has guidelines on writing the article as well as policies about when articles are acceptable.
A simple editing tutorial is available at Help:Editing. Information on page cleanup is found at Help:Cleanup. Information on images and how to add them to articles is found at Help:Images. For ideas on some areas where you can contribute, check out the Wiki To Do List. Also, many useful functions are available from the list of Special Pages.
Wikipedia and MediaWiki resources
The VDC uses MediaWiki, an open source wiki engine licensed under the GNU GPL. The largest array of resources for learning how to use MediaWiki can be found at the largest wiki using the engine, Wikipedia.
- Wikipedia Help — main Wikipedia help menu
- Wikipedia: Tutorial — a series of introductionary articles, each page discusses one useful feature of the wiki software.
- Wikipedia: How to edit a page — comprehensive guide on editing MediaWiki sites, including markup details.
- Wikipedia FAQ — answers questions commonly asked about Wikipedia.