Valve Developer Community:Community portal
From Valve Developer Community
Welcome to the Valve Developer Community! From here on you can forget Valve; every page you see with an edit tab, including this one, is likely written or at least altered by someone in the community (though Valve staff are sometimes among them). If you want to do the same, go right ahead! Otherwise, take a look at the Categories or run a search to find what you want.
Here on VDC
There's more to the site than just the Source Engine Documentation:
- Got a tricky modding problem you can't find the solution for? Visit the SDK Help Forums.
- Looking for mods to play? Check out the Mods category, where you can browse by platform (GoldSource or Source), single or multiplayer, release status and more.
- Also check out Steam Applications, which lists commercial games available on Steam as well as the mods.
- Want to join a mod team or advertise a vacancy for your mod? Check out Help Wanted and Help Available.
- Need playtesters or want to volunteer as one?
- Planning a mod in the Half-Life universe and want to make sure it fits in? Check out Half-Life Continuity.
- Nearly finished on your mod and want advice on getting it out there? Check out Publicity and Publication.
Beyond the caverns of the VDC, there are many fine sites elsewhere on the web to help you with your Half-Life wants and needs:
- Want more help with your modding? Check out Modding Sites.
- Looking for free resources (e.g. textures) for your mod?
- Need some tools beyond those which come with the SDK? Browse for Image Manipulation Programs and 3D Modeling Programs.
- Sprichst du Deutsch? A collection of non-English Half-Life sites.
- Need to put a file up for download? Check out Hosting Sites.
- Want to download a particular map or browse some map downloads? Check out Map Archive Sites.
- For more official Valve sites, try Steampowered and its forums.
- Read more about Valve: A list of news sites covering Valve's games, and some articles about Valve's design processes.
If you don't know how to edit a wiki, or want to learn more about the policies and guidelines on the VDC, here are some pages to check out: