Momentum Mod is a standalone game that focuses on the momentum-based game modes found in various Source and related games such as Counter-Strike: Source, Team Fortress 2, and Team Fortress Classic. It includes native support for Accelerated Backwards Hopping (), Bunny-Hopping (), Concussion Grenade jumping (), and Rocket/Sticky jumping(). Built on Strata Source, it contains numerous improvements, such as native support for DX11, Physically Based Rendering, and support for models and maps from all engine branches, allowing maps from different games to be played together.
- Native support for many Source, GldSrc, and Quake engine movement-based game modes.
- Supported game modes include (as of 0.9.23):
- Accelerated Hop
- Bunny Hop
- Concussion Grenade Jumping
- Rocket Jump
- Sticky Jump
- Powered by Strata Source
- All features in the Strata Source engine branch, including support for Portals, are enabled.
- Tricksurf: A spinoff of surf where the player must maneuver to various parts of the map to complete "tricks".
- Parkour: A game mode using Titanfall 2's parkour and wallrunning movement mechanic to get around maps.
- Climb: A game mode where players climb objects and use well-timed jumps and strafes to traverse maps.