Initial release date: To be announced
Engine Branch: Strata Source
This mod for Source is currently in closed beta development.
Momentum Mod is a standalone game that focuses on the momentum-based gamemodes found in Source games such as Counter-Strike: Source, Team Fortress 2, and Team Fortress Classic. It emphasizes native support for Accelerated Backwards Hopping (ABH), Bunny-Hopping (B-Hopping), Concussion (Conc) jumping, and Rocket/Sticky jumping. Built on Strata Source, it boasts of native support for DX11, Physically based Rendering, and support for models and maps from all engine branches, allowing for maps for different gamemodes in different games to be played nativly in the latest branch of Source available.
- Native support for all movement-based gamemodes
- Including, but not limited to: Accelerated hopping, Rocket-Jumping, and Conc jumping.
- Powered by Strata Source
- All features in the Strata Source engine branch, including support for Portals, are enabled.
- Defrag: A movement gamemode originating from Quake, where players use a mix of strafe-jumping and various weapons to complete maps.
- Tricksurf: A spinoff of surf where the player must maneuver to various parts of the map to complete "tricks".
- Parkour: A gamemode using Titanfall 2's parkour and wallrunning movement mechanic to get around maps.
- Climb: A gamemode where players climb objects and use well-timed jumps and strafes to traverse maps.