Portal 2: Community Edition
Portal 2: Community Edition is a mod for Portal 2 developed using licensed code from Valve, that aims to make useful tweaks and additions to the game for mappers and modders. It's designed to be used as a base for custom maps and other Portal 2 mods, though it will also include its own campaign to show off some of the new features.
- Built off the CS:GO engine branch with Portal 2's entities added in, including all the newer features.
- TeamSpen's Hammer Addons integrated by default
- Re-enabled engine tools
- Increased env_projectedtexture limit
- Volumetric projected textures
- Enhancements to vanilla test element entities, such as the ability to color lasers
- Paint Gun, Adhesion Gel, and Schrodinger's Cube reimplemented
- Ladders re-enabled
- Most Mapbase features will be implemented
- Toggleable legacy movement (HL2/P1)
- Improved gel and portal color customization
- Expanded VScript API
- Physically Based Rendering shader
- Parallax corrected cubemaps
Screenshots and videos of P2CE can be found on its Steam store page.
The P2CE wiki can be found here. It currently explains some of the new tools and entities, and will eventually document new VScript features once they are implemented.
Portal 2: Community Edition is developed by Chaos Initiative.
The team consists of:
- CitadelCore (Project founder/manager, programming)
- Tewan (Programming, campaign lead, web development)
- JJI77 (Linux port, programming)
- mlugg (Linux port, programming)
- blenderiste09 (programming)
- EchoesForAndAft (programming)
- Portal 2
- Mapbase, a similar project for Half-Life 2 (developed by an entirely separate team without engine license; open source)