Valve Hammer Editor
The Valve Hammer Editor (more informally known as Hammer) was the official mapping tool for the Goldsource engine - the engine that ran Half-Life and Counter-Strike and other pre-Source Valve games. The latest version is included in the Source SDK, and is for mapping under the Source engine (which all newer Valve games run under). In this page, the history of the mapping tool is documented.
- Half-Life (FGD)
- Counter-Strike (FGD)
- Condition Zero Deleted Scenes (FGD)
- Day of Defeat (FGD)
- Deathmatch Classic (FGD)
- Half-Life: Blue Shift (FGD)
- Half-Life: Opposing Force (FGD)
- Ricochet (FGD)
- Team Fortress Classic (FGD)
Valve Hammer Editor 4.x, provided as a component of the Source SDK, is the official Source mapping tool. Apart from the construction of level architecture, Valve Hammer Editor 4.x is also heavily involved with creating level events and scripting.
- Hammer Editor Documentation
- Level Design Documentation
- Hammer Editor version history
- Hammer Feature Requests
- Wikipedia:Valve Hammer Editor
- Jackhammer — a brand new level editor for games with a quake-style BSP architecture.