From Valve Developer Community
- Note:VTFEdit should be used instead as it's far more flexible and user-friendly, unless you need to work with PFM files.
vtf2tga -i <input vtf> -o <output tga> -mip
-i <input vtf>
- The input VTF. Doesn't need the filename extension.
-o <output tga>
- Name of the output file. Doesn't need the filename extension; outputs .tga for standard textures and .pfm for HDR textures.
- Optional, dumps all mipmaps from the input VTF.
- VTFEdit - a more flexible third-party alternative to VTF2TGA.