func_buyzone is a brush entity available in the following Source engine games: Counter-Strike: Source, Counter-Strike: Global Offensive. It is used to define the "Buy Zones" used by players to purchase weapons and equipment.
In code, it is represented by class
CBuyZone, defined in
- Team number (int) (TeamNum)
- The team that can use the buyzone.
- Start Disabled (StartDisabled)
- Stay dormant until activated (probably with the
- Minimum Bounding Box Size (mins)
- Co-ordinate of the minimum bounding box corner. The bounding box is drawn from this corner to the other one. Requires Bounding Box collisions (solid 2) to be used. Can be used to overwrite the collision shape of a brush, although it can only be a cuboid.
- Maximum Bounding Box Size (maxs)
- Co-ordinate of the maximum bounding box corner. The bounding box is drawn from this corner to the other one. Requires Bounding Box collisions (solid 2) to be used. Can be used to overwrite the collision shape of a brush, although it can only be a cuboid.
- Collisions (solid)
- Method of collision for this entity.
- Classname (classname)
- The classname defines the type of entity. Classnames can be changed using
AddOutput, which will influence how the engine deals with the entity in certain circumstances.
- Name (targetname)
- The name that other entities refer to this entity by.
- Global Entity Name (globalname)
- Name by which this entity is linked to another entity in a different map. When the player transitions to a new map, entities in the new map with globalnames matching entities in the previous map will have the previous map's state copied over their state.
- Parent (parentname)
- Specifies a movement parent. An entity will maintain its initial offset from its parent. An attachment point can be added to the end of the name, separated by a comma. Every entity can be parented, even point entities. Entities which are parented will be forced to transition to the next map, such as from a
trigger_transition. Some entities which aren't intended to be parented may not function correctly.
phys_constraintcan be used as a workaround to parenting.
- Origin (X Y Z) (origin)
- The position of this entity's center in the world. Rotating entities typically rotate around their origin.
- Pitch Yaw Roll (X Y Z) (angles)
- This entity's orientation in the world. Pitch is rotation around the Y axis, yaw is the rotation around the Z axis, roll is the rotation around the X axis.Note:This works on brush entities, although Hammer doesn't show the new angles.
- Flags (spawnflags)
- Toggles features of an entity, its specific number is determined by the combination of flags added.
- Response Contexts (ResponseContext)
- Pre-defined response system contexts for this entity. Format is
key:value,key:value,.... Contexts may be filtered.
- Effects (effects)
- Combination of effect flags to use.
- Local Time (ltime)
- The local time of the entity, independent of the global clock. Used mainly for physics calculations.
- Next Think (nextthink)
- Amount of time before the entity thinks again.
- Hammer ID (hammerid)
- The entity's Hammer ID. Mainly used by plugins and debugging commands, such as
ent_keyvalue. Can be manually assigned with the "hammerid" or "id" keyvalue. Entities spawned at run-time are not assigned any Hammer ID.
- Disable for Xbox 360 (disableX360)
<boolean>(New with Left 4 Dead 2) !FGD
- If Yes, disables this entity on the Xbox 360 version of Source.
- Entity Scripts (vscripts)
<scriptlist>(New with Left 4 Dead 2)
- Space delimited list of VScript files (without file extension) that are executed after all entities have spawned. The scripts are all executed in the same script scope, later ones overwriting any identical variables and functions.
- Script think function (thinkfunction)
<string>(New with Left 4 Dead 2)
- Name of a function in this entity's script which will be called automatically every 100 milliseconds (ten times a second) for the duration of the script. It can be used to create timers or to simulate autonomous behavior. The return value (if present) will set the time until the next call. Try to avoid expensive operations in this function, as it may cause performance problems.
- Lag Compensation (LagCompensate)
<boolean>(New with Left 4 Dead 2) !FGD
- Set to Yes to lag compensate this entity. Should be used very sparingly!
- Is Automatic-Aim Target (is_autoaim_target)
<boolean>(New with Counter-Strike: Global Offensive) !FGD
- If set to 1, this entity will slow down aiming movement for consoles and joystick controllers when the entity is under the crosshairs.
SetTeam_TerroristOnly(New with Counter-Strike: Global Offensive)
- Restrict buyzone to terrorists only.
SetTeam_CTOnly(New with Counter-Strike: Global Offensive)
- Restrict buyzone to counter-terrorists only.
SetTeam_AllTeams(New with Counter-Strike: Global Offensive)
- Allows all teams to use the buyzone.
SetTeam_None(New with Counter-Strike: Global Offensive)
- Allows no team to use the buyzone, effectively disabling it. To do: Does this actually behave different from
Disablein any way?
- Toggles this trigger between enabled and disabled states.
TouchTest(New with Source 2007)
- For testing if something is currently touching the trigger. Fires either the
StartTouch(New with Source 2007) !FGD
- Fires the
EndTouch(New with Source 2007) !FGD
- Fires the
- Enable/disable this entity from performing its task. It might also disappear from view.
- Removes this entity and any entities parented to it from the world.
- Functions the same as
Kill, although this entity and any entities parented to it are killed on the same frame.
- Move with this entity. See Entity Hierarchy (parenting).
- Change this entity to attach to a specific attachment point on its parent. The entity will teleport so that the position of its root bone matches that of the attachment. Entities must be parented before being sent this input.
- As above, but without teleporting. The entity retains its position relative to the attachment at the time of the input being received.
- Removes this entity from the the movement hierarchy, leaving it free to move independently.
- Evaluates a keyvalue/output on this entity.
<output name> <targetname>:<inputname>:<parameter>:<delay>:<max times to fire, -1 means infinite>
- Fire the
OnUseroutputs; see User Inputs and Outputs.
- Same as a player invoking +use; may not do anything. Can also be invoked by creating an output that does not specify an input.
This input is not included in Valve's FGDs.
- Dispatches a special effect from the entity's origin. Removed and replaced entirely by the particle system since .
- Dispatches a response to the entity. See Response and Concept.
- Adds to the entity's list of response contexts. Format is
- Remove a context from this entity's list. The name should match the key of an existing context.
- Removes all contexts from this entity's list.
<script>(New with Left 4 Dead 2)
- Execute a VScript file from disk, without file extension. The script contents are merged with the script scope of the receiving entity.
<string>(New with Left 4 Dead 2)
- Execute a string of VScript source code in the scope of the entity receiving the input. String quotation may be needed when fired via console. Bug: In , the code is executed in the script scope of the entity that fires the output, not the one receiving the input.Warning: Never try to pass string parameters to a script function with this input. It will corrupt the VMF structure because of the nested quotation marks, which then must be removed manually with a text editor.
<string>(New with Left 4 Dead 2) !FGD
- Execute a VScript function in the scope of the receiving entity.
<coordinates>(New with Portal 2) !FGD
- Send this entity to a spot in the map. If the entity is parented to something, it will be offset from the parent by this amount.
<angles>(New with Portal 2) !FGD
- Set this entity's angles.
- Fired when a valid entity starts touching this trigger.
!activatoris whatever touches the trigger.
- Fired when a valid entity starts touching this trigger, and no other entities are touching it. If there are any other entities touching the trigger when a new one begins to touch, only
- Fired when a valid entity stops touching this trigger.
- Fired when all valid entities stop touching this trigger.
OnTouching(New with Source 2007)
- Fired if something is currently touching this trigger when
OnNotTouching(New with Source 2007)
- Fired if nothing is currently touching this trigger when
- These outputs each fire in response to the firing of the like-numbered
FireUser4Input; see User Inputs and Outputs.