Source SDK Windows Gadget
From Valve Developer Community
The Source SDK Windows Gadget is for Windows Vista or better. It is a replacement for most functions of the Source SDK and Left 4 Dead 1 & 2 Authoring Tools.
If you get missing DLL errors when launching any of the tools, it means that there has been an engine update and that you need to run the SDK Launcher once to refresh some files. After this the tools will start working again.
New Version update 1.6 (2013-08-05 - read the changelog )
(2012-10-13) custom user update with add support for Counter-Strike Global Offensive can be downloaded here
- Gadgets are discontinued according to microsoft website, and this tools will by the way not support windows 8 operating systems.
- The game you want to mod with, must be installed into the same drive than Steam.
- The "Launch SDK" button will only work with games that are release with a sdk authoring tools that have a launcher
- When the Gadget is shutdown, the configuration is not saved.
- Dota 2 is not delivered with Hammer and HLMV or Faceposer, it's recommanded to use SFM configuration in the Gadget, for Dota 2. It just need to create a NEW mod project , name it Dota2 and set the path on that directory.
- 1.6 (2013-08-05)
- Add More Support :
- SourceSDK Base 2013 SP
- SourceSDK Base 2013 MP
- Team Fortress 2
- Garry's mod
- Counter-Strike Source
- Day of defeat Source
- Half-life 2
- Half-Life Deathmatch
- Dota 2 ( useful to be sure the VPROJECT is set on the Dota 2 beta/dota/ directory)
- 1.5 (2012-7-28)
- Source Filmmaker support.
- 1.4 (2011-10-20)
- MP "branch" support
- Made branch select element nicer
- 1.3 (2011-05-11)
- Portal 2 support.
- 1.2 (2010-07-25)
- Alien Swarm support.
- 1.1.1 (2010-06-01)
- Fixed engine branch settings sometimes being overwritten by the value above them.
- 1.1 (2010-05-12)
- Updated to support new SDK filestructure
- Gadget now displays only the SDK tools when docked
- 1.0.2 (2010-01-27)
- Fixed settings page's link to Hammer Manual Configuration.
- Made it clearer that settings page labels have explanatory mouseover text.
- 1.0.1 (2010-01-26)
- Initial release.