|Abstract Mapping series Discuss your thoughts—Help us develop the articles or ideas you want
Ammunition | Animals | Animated Clouds & Sky | Antlions | Beams | Bushes | Cables | Color | Combat | Combine | Creatures | Doors | Dust | Elevators | Environmental Lighting | Explosions | Fire | Fog | Foliage | Glass | Grass | Headcrab | Health | Ladders | Lasers | Lighting | Moving Clouds | Music | Optimization | Outdoors | Physics | Retinal scanners | Ropes | Smoke | Sound | Special effects | Sun | Terrain | Trains | Trees | Turrets | Water | Weather | Windows | Zombie
Health, or health points (HP), represents a character's physical status in a video game. Most Source engine games use a traditional health points system, where a character is spawned with a certain number of health points which are displayed in the HUD. Taking damage will subtract from the character's health, and the character will die when HP reaches 0. Most games offer powerups and items to restore health.
Some games, such as Portal, use an alternative "regenerating health" scheme, where the player's health quickly regenerates when the player is not taking damage. The health may also not be displayed onscreen.
While in many multiplayer games all characters start with the same amount of health, class-based games such as Team Fortress 2 sometimes assign different starting health values to different classes.
Following is a list of health-related articles:
Health level design
=== Half-Life 2
- func_healthcharger - Brush-based health charging station.
- item_healthcharger - A prop-based health charging station.
- item_healthkit - A power-up to restore health.
- item_healthvial - A power-up to restore health-
- item_item_crate - A crate which can be set to drop health (or other) items upon breaking.
=== Team Fortress 2
- func_regenerate - Restores health and ammo in a resupply room.
- item_healthkit_full - A power-up to restore health.
- obj_dispenser - Health and ammo dispenser.
- asw_pickup_medkit - Spawn a personal healthkit in Alien Swarm.
- prop_health_cabinet - Cabinet in Left 4 Dead containing medkits/pain pills.