Ship item spawner
From Valve Developer Community
This article needs to be cleaned up to conform to a higher standard of quality.
Note:For the sake of this article,
#represents a digit from 1 to 3.
- Entity Scripts
<scriptlist>(New with Left 4 Dead 2)
- Space delimited list of VScript files (without file extension) that are executed after all entities have spawned. The scripts are all executed in the same script scope, later ones overwriting any identical variables and functions.
- Script think function
<string>(New with Left 4 Dead 2)
- Name of a function in this entity's script which will be called automatically every 100 milliseconds (ten times a second) for the duration of the script. It can be used to create timers or to simulate autonomous behavior. The return value (if present) will set the time until the next call. Note:Try to avoid expensive operations in this function, as it may cause performance problems.
- Start Disabled (StartDisabled)
- Stay dormant until activated (probably with the
- <choices> Items to spawn
Literal Value Description
item_alice Alice in Wonderland item_thebible The Bible item_dracula Dracula item_huckfinn Huckleberry Finn item_huntersquarry The Hunter's Quarry item_kamasutra Kamasutra item_onoff On/Off item_paradiselost Paradise Lost item_prideandprejudice Pride and Prejudice item_theraven The Raven item_treasureisland Treasure Island
item_drink_can Can of Juice item_drink_energy Energy Drink item_food_chocolate Chocolate Bar item_food_crisps Bag of Crisps item_food_large_healthy_breakfast Jumbo Bag of Crisps
glasses_dark_male Dark Glasses glasses_eyepatch_male Eyepatch glasses_half_male Half-Moon Glasses glasses_monocle_male Monocle glasses_round_male Round Glasses
glasses_dark_female Dark Glasses glasses_half_female Half-Moon Glasses glasses_round_female Round Glasses
hat_bonnet_male Bonnet hat_bowler_male Bowler Hat hat_cap_male Cap hat_deerstalker_male Deerstalker hat_fedora_male Fedora hat_gangster_male Gangster Hat hat_male_guard Guard's Hat hat_safari_male Safari Hat hat_santa_male Santa Hat hat_top_male Top Hat
hat_ascot_female Ascot hat_beret_female Beret hat_farmer_female Farmer Hat hat_flapper_female Flapper Hat hat_female_guard Guard's Hat hat_santa_female Santa Hat hat_sun_female Sun Hat hat_turban_female Turban
outfit_male_guard Guard Uniform outfit_male_kilt_# Kilt # outfit_male_safari_# Safari # outfit_male_braces_# Slacks & Open Collar # outfit_male_golf_# Sporty Plus-Fours # outfit_male_suit_# Suit #
outfit_female_ballgown_# Ballgown # outfit_female_coat_# Coat # outfit_female_dress_# Eveningwear # outfit_female_farmer_# Farmer # outfit_female_flapper_# Flapper # outfit_female_guard Guard Uniform outfit_female_trousers_# Suit #
item_car_magazine Classic Motors item_economic_times Economic Times item_entertainment_magazine Extra Magazine item_travel_magazine Far and Away
item_catheter Catheter item_colostomy_bag Colostomy Bag item_sleeping_pills Sleeping Pills item_prozac Happy Pills item_deoderant Deodorant
special_bible Bible w/ Shank special_helmet Helmet special_painting Painting special_holy_grail Holy Grail
weapon_axe Axe weapon_bbq_fork Barbeque Fork weapon_baseball_bat Baseball Bat weapon_blunder Blunderbuss weapon_candlestick Candlestick weapon_claymore Claymore weapon_cleaver Cleaver weapon_cooking_pot Cooking Pot weapon_croquet_mallet Croquet Mallet weapon_crowbar Crowbar weapon_cut_throat Cutthroat Razor weapon_flaregun Flare Gun weapon_frying_pan Frying Pan weapon_golf_club Golf Club weapon_hammer Hammer weapon_hunting_knife Hunting Knife weapon_katana Katana weapon_ghurka Khukri weapon_kitchen_knife Kitchen Knife weapon_needle Knitting Needle weapon_letter_knife Letter Knife weapon_mannequin_arm Mannequin Arm weapon_paddle Paddle weapon_pipe Pipe weapon_pool_cue Pool Cue weapon_purse Purse Bomb weapon_revolver Revolver weapon_rolling_pin Rolling Pin weapon_scalpel Scalpel weapon_screwdriver Screwdriver weapon_shank Shank weapon_short_sword Short Sword weapon_shovel Shovel weapon_spanner Spanner weapon_syringe Poison Syringe weapon_syringe_sleep Sleep Syringe weapon_racquet Tennis Racquet weapon_tommygun TommyGun weapon_truncheon Truncheon weapon_umbrella Umbrella weapon_walking_stick Walking Stick weapon_satchel Wallet Bomb weapon_winchester Winchester weapon_wrench Wrench
- <choices> List of predefined items
- <choices> Destination type
Literal Value Description 0 All 1 All Same 2 Individual
- <choices> Item type
Literal Value Description 0 Random 1 Cyclic 2 Hybrid
- <string> Destination Group. Multiple spawners can refer to the same group to concatinate their effects
- <float> Spawn frequency
- <integer> Max objects
- <integer> Max spawns
- <float> No duplicate items in specified radius of container
- <float> Respawn delay
- Removes this entity and any entities parented to it from the world.
- Functions the same as
Kill, although this entity and any entities parented to it are killed on the same frame, being marginally faster than
- Evaluates a keyvalue/output on this entity. It can be potentially very dangerous, use with care.
<output name> <targetname>:<inputname>:<parameter>:<delay>:<max times to fire, -1 means infinite>
- Fire the
OnUseroutputs; see User Inputs and Outputs.
- Same as a player invoking +use; may not do anything. Can also be invoked by creating an output that does not specify an input.
This input is not included in Valve's FGDs.
<script>(New with Left 4 Dead 2)
- Execute a VScript file from disk, without file extension. The script contents are merged with the script scope of the receiving entity.
<string>(New with Left 4 Dead 2)
- Execute a string of VScript source code in the scope of the entity receiving the input. String quotation may be needed when fired via console. Bug: In , the code is executed in the script scope of the entity that fires the output, not the one receiving the input.Warning: Never try to pass string parameters to a script function with this input. It will corrupt the VMF structure because of the nested quotation marks, which then must be removed manually with a text editor.
<string>(New with Left 4 Dead 2) !FGD
- Execute a VScript function in the scope of the receiving entity.
<coordinates>(New with Alien Swarm) !FGD
- Send this entity to a spot in the map. If the entity is parented to something, it will be offset from the parent by this amount.
<angles>(New with Alien Swarm) !FGD
- Set this entity's angles.
- Enable/disable this entity from performing its task. It might also disappear from view.
- Toggle item spawn
- Force item spawn
- These Outputs each fire in response to the firing of the like-numbered
FireUser4Input; see User Inputs and Outputs.
OnKilled(Only in the Left 4 Dead series)
- This Output fires when the entity is killed and removed from the game.