|Abstract Mapping series Discuss your thoughts—Help us develop the articles or ideas you want
Ammunition | Animals | Animated Clouds | Animated Sky | Antlions | Beams | Bushes | Cables | Color | Combat | Combine | Creatures | Doors | Dust | Elevators | Environmental Lighting | Explosions | Fire | Fog | Foliage | Glass | Grass | Headcrab | Health | Ladders | Lasers | Lighting | Moving Clouds | Music | Optimization | Outdoors | Physics | Retinal scanners | Ropes | Smoke | Sound | Special effects | Sun | Terrain | Trains | Trees | Turrets | Water | Weather | Windows | Zombie
- Flammable Models (QC parameters) : see Prop Data#Flammable Props and physgun_interactions (onbreak: explode_fire: Prop ignites nearby enemies when it explodes on breaking).
- Flammable Brushes: Only option is env_entity_igniter. Realism may vary.
- env_entity_igniter Point entity that ignites a target entity. If the target is an animating model, it will have sprite flames attached to its skeleton. Otherwise the entity will emit particle flame puffs.
- env_fire Point entity that handles a single flame at its origin. The flame causes heat 'damage' to other env_fire entities around it, and will eventually ignite non-flaming env_fire entities nearby, causing the fire to spread.
- env_firesensor Point entity that detects changes in heat nearby. Parameters: fireradius, heatlevel, heattime. Outputs: OnHeatLevelStart, OnHeatLevelEnd.
- env_firesource Point entity that provides heat to all nearby env_fire entities. Cannot be extinguished.
- physics_cannister Point entity - a physically simulated gas cannister that can have its cap shot off, at which point gas will start escaping and cause the cannister to fly around. If it takes enough damage, it will explode.
Smoke & FX
- env_fog_controller Point entity that controls air opacity (fog) in the whole map.
- env_smokestack Point entity emits a constant stream of smoke. Place up to two env_particlelights nearby to add ambient light to only the Smokestack's particles.
- func_dustcloud Brush entity emits a translucent dust cloud within its volume. Use the trigger tool texture.
- func_dustmotes Brush entity emits sparkling dust motes within its volume.
- func_smokevolume Brush entity emits smoke particles within its volume. Use the trigger or fog tool texture.
- env_steam Point entity emits a jet of steam.
- env_spark Point entity emits sparks from its origin.
- env_embers Brush entity volume in which to spawn fire embers.