|Abstract Mapping series Discuss your thoughts—Help us develop the articles or ideas you want
Ammunition | Animals | Animated Clouds & Sky | Antlions | Beams | Bushes | Cables | Color | Combat | Combine | Creatures | Doors | Dust | Elevators | Environmental Lighting | Explosions | Fire | Fog | Foliage | Glass | Grass | Headcrab | Health | Ladders | Lasers | Lighting | Moving Clouds | Music | Optimization | Outdoors | Physics | Retinal scanners | Ropes | Smoke | Sound | Special effects | Sun | Terrain | Trains | Trees | Turrets | Water | Weather | Windows | Zombie
There is no single specific elevator entity. Elevators must be constructed from several entities.
- Two-stop elevators
- Multi-stop elevators
- Advanced elevators — extra features for elevators, such as counterweights and multi-part sliding doors
- func_movelinear — moves along an axis between two points; mainly useful for two-stop elevators
- func_tracktrain — moves between several points (See Trains); the easiest entity for multi-stop elevators
- func_door — moves between two positions and can't stop mid-way; only useful for two-stop elevators
- func_elevator and info_elevator_floor — needed to establish necessary navigation mesh flow.
- Doors can be attached to an elevator by parenting them to the elevator.
- Some logic entities may be required, especially for multi-stop elevators.
- Creating a Working Elevator Tutorial: Adding Sounds (Archived version retrieved on 24 April, 2008)
- Creating a Working Elevator Tutorial: Adding Doors (Archived version retrieved on 24 April, 2008)
- Creating a Working Elevator Tutorial: The Basics (Archived version retrieved on 24 April, 2008)
- HL2 4-floor Elevator Tutorial (sdknuts) (Archived version retrieved on 26 April 2009)
- [TUTORIAL] The Elevator Trifecta (TF2Maps.net)
- +2 stop elevator (VERC) (Archived version retrieved on 24 April, 2008)