Counter-Strike: Global Offensive engine branch
Thewas introduced in 2012 with the release of . It is the latest Source 1 engine branch available and succeeds the .
It is also no longer being updated with the release of, but remains maintained for third-party games that use CS:GO branch.
New since the Portal 2 engine branch is:
- FXAA anti-aliasing
- Simple at the cost of image quality, but are much faster than other anti-aliasing method, such as MSAA.
- FXAA can be also used with MSAA (such as 2X) at the same time. This will benefits most lower-end PC that struggles to run MSAA 4X or higher.
- Real-time dynamic shadows
env_cascade_lightprovides dynamic, high-resolution cascade shadow mapping for the outdoor light of
- Lightmapped Ambient Occlusion
- VRAD can now bake ambient occlusion into the lightmaps for a map, leading to enhanced realism.
- Bump mapped decals
LightmappedGenericdecals now support bump maps.
- Phong reflections on Lightmapped materials
WorldVertexTransitionnow support diffuse Phong reflections.
- Vertex lighting for bumpmapped static props
- Static props with bump maps can now receive vertex lighting, better blending them into the environment. All static props also now receive better lighting.
- Anisotropic reflection emulation
- Brush shaders can now emulate anisotropic specular reflections using new parameters.
- Bump map blending for
- Two bump maps can now be blended together for high-frequency and low-frequency bumpmap variation on the
- A displacement shader that can blend four different materials together by luminance.
- Prop combination
- VBSP now supports combining selected static props during map compilation, increasing performance and lowering draw calls.
- Increased engine and compilier limits
- The engine now supports more entities, more models and more displacements.
- New first-person weapon lighting.
- First-person weapon view now support more detailed lighting.
- Static prop scaling
- Other improvements
- (earlier version)
- (earlier version)
A third-party, heavily modified version of this engine, called, is also available, and it is used on the following games:
Source code for these branches is not available. However, authoring tools exist for custom content.