Titanfall engine branch
The Source branch developed by Respawn Entertainment using licensed Source Engine code from Valve. It is a heavily modified version of the Portal 2 engine branch that adds many huge modifications and improvements that bring Source close to modern standards while keeping the game consoles run the game well optimized at 60FPS. This engine branch is still in active development.is a third-party
- Native DirectX 11 (dxlevel 110) and DirectX 12 (dxlevel 120) renderer
- DirectX 11 (which includes Direct3D 11 renderer) is now supported, previous version has been dropped. DirectX 12 is also supported in
-eac_launcher_settings SettingsDX12.jsonlaunch option.
when launched with
- DirectX 12 (which includes Direct3D 12 renderer) requires Windows 10 or 11 in order to work. Confirm:Does Windows 7 supports Apex Legends running in DX12 mode after 2019 OS update?
- New rendering system with Physically Based Rendering
- Texture streaming
- 64-bit support
- Full support for 64-bit. 32-bit are not supported on this branch.
- New netcode
- Customized version of BSP and VPK
- New Audio system
- A new audio system called Speex[confirm] has been used for , Wwise is also used in .
- Miles Sound System (for DSP effects. and ) has been updated to properly support 7.1 surround on modern systems and better
- Better HDR Rendering
- Native HDR displays support (not to be confused with HDR Rendering)
- , unofficial support on PC is possible through Windows 11's Auto HDR feature.
- Custom in-house Sound System
- Modern console support ( , , , and )
- Of little use to modders, needless to say!
- (earlier version, delisted on Steam)
- (earlier version)
- According to the sequel Titanfall 2's
steam.inf or gameinfo.txtcontaining leftovers appid (620) forConfirm:Is this still the case with the latest version of Titanfall 2?, or in previous game, Titanfall?, or if Apex Legends also used the same unused AppID?