Third Party Tools
From Valve Developer Community
This is a sorted list of third party tools with brief descriptions. See also: Category:Third Party Tools.
- BSP Viewer - view and export GoldSrc maps
- BSP2MAP - convert GoldSrc BSP maps to .map files
- EntEd - view and edit entity properties of a BSP
- Entspy - view and edit entity properties of a BSP
- Map Analyst - alternative to Bspzip - embed custom content such as materials, models, textures into a BSP
- Packbsp - embed custom content such as materials, models, textures into a BSP
- Pakrat - GUI replacement for Bspzip
- VBSP_h4xed - greatly increase maximum size of visleaves.
- VIDE - Multi-purpose development suite with BSP packing and asset editing capabilities.
- VMEX - Source BSP decompiler
- BSPSource - improved Source BSP decompiler based on VMEX
- WinBSPC - GoldSrc BSP decompiler
- WinBSPZip - GUI frontend for Bspzip
- Compile Pal - compile Source maps with presets and utilities to streamline the process of releasing maps.
- Batch Compile Tool - compile Source .vmf maps outside of Hammer
- Hazard Team Compile Tool - Similar to Batch Compile Tool, but geared toward sequential compiles and quick compile presets.
- CSTBSP - custom BSP compiler
- CSTRAD - custom RAD compiler
- CSTVIS - custom VIS compiler
- Source Compile Analyzer - detects errors in compile logs
- Microbrush - A brush editor
- Quark - Level editor
- Radiant - Level editor
- Vgroup - Group the map into VisGroups based on a grid
- Wall Worm - Tools to use 3ds Max as Source Level Editor
- Sledge - An open-source Level Editor that supports GoldSource Level Editing, it's also having work put in to fully support Source Level Editing as well.
- Twister - Generates displacements that would usually take an extremely long time, or just be impossible to do in Hammer
- Crowbar - decompile models, and a GUI front-end for compiling new ones
- FireSoft Half-Life MDL Converter - convert Source models to GoldSrc models
- FireSoft MS3D to SMD converter
- GUIStudioMDL - GUI for the command-line model compiler in the SDK
- Mdldecompiler - decompile models
- Propper - map compiler to export a model instead of a BSP
- Source Model Compiler - web-based model compiling service
- Source model skin editor - modify skins on a model without decompiling/recompiling
- Studiocompiler - model compiler
- VMF to SMD - convert VMFs to SMDs for use with Studiomdl
See also: Image Manipulation Programs
- 360g - Convert BMP or TGA into VTF, generate VMTs and normal maps
- Fixvtf - convert Episode 2 format materials to Episode 1 format
- HL2Tex - convert TGA into VTF, and create VMTs
- TGAtoDUDV - convert TGAs to DUDVs without needing Steam to be running
- VectorLib - library to draw vector images directly to memory
- VTF Creator - convert batches of images to textures
- VTF Explorer - viewing, converting, extracting VTFs and VMTs
- VTF Shell Extensions - extend Windows shell to support VTFs
- VTFCmd - convert images to textures and VTFs to TGAs
- VTFEdit frontend for VTFLib
- VTFLib - open-source programming library for opening and saving VTFs
- VTFTool - outdated, replaced by VTFEdit
- AVIKit - Windows library for accessing raw video and sound from AVI
- VirtualDub - free video capture/processing program
- CtxConverter - GUI "wrapper" which removes the default based DOS commands into decompiling and compiling CTX & TXT files.
- DispGen - generate a Displacement map from a heightmap image
- DuctTape - a development integration and project building tool
- GCFScape - open and extract GCF and VPK files
- HLLib - open source programming library which abstracts several Half-Life and Half-Life 2 package formats
- Map Obfuscator - renames all entities with non-descriptive names to discourage decompiling
- Notepad++ VDF languages - VDF highlighting profiles for Notepad++
- Object Viewer - 3D object, material, model, and file browsing
- OGLE the OpenGLExtractor - extract 3D shapes from a 3D scene
- Source SDK Windows Gadget
- VGUI Localization Tool - a tool for easy localize VGUI text files.
- Map Resource Extractor - copies only used content from a VMF to a directory.