Creating a Danger Zone Map
Danger Zone is a fast-paced battle royale game mode built on Counter-Strike: Global Offensive's tactical gameplay where players use their wits, skill, and resources to fight to the finish. Featuring solo or team play.
Warning: For a map to function correctly, it needs to have a dz_ prefix, with game_mode set to 0 and game_type set to 6.
Basic requirements for a DZ map
- See dedicated page of this entity for more information.
- Warning: This brush needs to be at least 13440x13440 units big, if not the game will crash upon deploying. Recommended size is 16384x16384.
- These should be scattered around the map, there needs to be some distance between these otherwise they might fail to spawn.
- Warning: Not having enough of these can result in game crash upon deploying. Numbers that are verified to work are 41 and 321.
- Point entity to specify location where gas canisters should launch from.
- Point entity for setting the name of a map region to display.
- Point entity for spawning drone guns.
- Point entity for spawning a parachute upgrade.
- A trigger volume for hostage rescue zone.
- A trigger volume that disables Tablets when players are inside of it.
- An entity that will fire outputs when events happen during Survival Mode. For example playing ambient_generic after missiles launch.
- Note:This entity is not required for the map to work.
- A trigger volume that defines the bounds of the survival play area.
- Point entity that acts samely to prop_door_rotating, but can be locked and set up with prop_counter and point_dz_weaponspawn to create a door that requires money to unlock.
- Point entity that acts as spawn point for various survival entities.
- Note:What kind of entities this creates is specified below.
Entities spawned by point_dz_weaponspawn
Warning: Placing these manually in Hammer can lead to undesirable effects!
- Safe with money.
- Parachute backpack.
- Tablet upgrade that shows next safe zone.
- Tablet upgrade that shows drones and their trace.
- Tablet upgrade that improves zone precision.
- Contract to kill a player that will reward $500.
- Armor and Helmet.
- Bag with money.
- Metal crate with SMG weapons.
- Can be various crates, utility, explosives, pistols, melees.
- Ammo box.
- Stack of banknotes.
- Drone turret.
- A hostage.
Limiting area where players can deploy
This is controlled by a png that needs to be located in csgo/maps/ with name format dz_mapname_spawnmask. It should represent an overview of the map, where black filled areas block deploy points.
Adding overview image for tablet
This is controlled by a vtf texture that needs to be located in csgo/materials/models/weapons/v_models/tablet/ with name format tablet_radar_dz_mapname
- To do: Figure out how to get tablet overview lined up with actual map.
Adding overview image for deployment selection
This is controlled by a png that needs to be located in csgo/materials/panorama/images/survival/spawnselect/ with name format map_dz_mapname.