This is a page for reporting bugs in Half-Life: Source. For bugs specific to deathmatch see Half-Life Deathmatch: Source Bugs
- Umlauts like "ä,ö & ü" do not exist in the German Version of Half-Life Source. [Here is a fix for that. It makes "ä=ae, ö=oe & ü=ue"]
- The zoom function is active. This was only active in HL1's multiplayer.
- The snark pickup uses the wrong model. It uses
models/w_squeak.mdl instead of
models/w_sqknest.mdl. The model is in the game files and should be used instead.
Monsters / NPCs
- They no longer comment on smells.
- If afraid, a scientist can get stuck in a loop of trying to run away and playing a frightened animation.
- Firerate is increased.
- His Kevlar vest doesn't reduce damage.
- Hitboxes are offset.
- When they sleep, their eyelids don't shut.
- Sometimes a loud screeching sound can be heard when they attack.
- Helmets still protect them, but there's no sprite and leaves a flesh impact decal.
- Decals can be painted on a grunt's weapon.
- Grunts with commander and grenadier bodygroups are still protected by helmets.
- Dropped ammo and weapons aren't set to the angle of their absolute origin.
- Impulse 76 does not work, instead the command attempts to spawn NPC_human_grunt. This fails, as the grunt is called monster_human_grunt.
- They do not fear MP5 grenades.
- Nihilanth's portal ball projectiles are now indestructible as of my latest playthrough. Intended?
- Some trampolines have a 'delay'. When walked over, they bounce after you're off them.
- In the fourth room the portal ball projectiles send you to, jumping to the teleporter in the ceiling may result in the player being teleported back into the same room instead of the Nihilanth pit. Sometimes repeatedly.
- Their tongues don't render correctly.
- Footstep, button and door sounds are inconsistent with HL1. They now use Source sound effects.
- Music tracks stop playing after level transitions.
- At the start of "We've Got Hostiles"(c1a3d), the first soldier you see targets you instead of the scientist who had run down the stairs.
- In c0a0b, the helicopter floats.
- In c0a0d, the robot walking into the radioactive materials resets its position into the air.
- In c1a0b, a scientist floats.
- In c1a1f, when the scientist smashes the headcrab with the cabinet, no blood is displayed.
- In background_007, the scientist is invincible, and in the respective "Blast Pit" map(c1a4i), he has a chance to do the same, or not go and attack the Tentacles.
- If holding a revolver in the transition from c2a3d to c2a3e, you will not spawn empty handed.
- In c2a4c, a really f***ed up shader pretty much makes it unplayable, causing severe graphical artifacts.
- In c2a5c, the skybox smears.
- In c4a2 to c4a2vb, the gonarch will not attack you, will not spawn baby headcrabs(or spawn very few), and when a projectile from it hits the ground, it creates a black box.
- In background07.bsp, the Tentacle does not kill the Barney, so they attack each other forever.
- Corpses are static. They should have been ragdolls instead.
- Materials are set to reflect a pre-made cubemap. This is not only unrealistic, but it also prevents level designers to use HDR if any reflecting Half-Life: Source material is used.
- Sometimes the flashlight glitches in the conveyor belt maze in chapter 10.
The flashlight glitch, causing weird distortions. (map: c2a4c, location: right after the timed pistons near the start)
- When climbing to the top of the ladder on the tank in chapter 13 ("Forget About Freeman!") and jump, you will be flung up in the air.
After jumping. Notice that the player is higher up than normally due to excessive physics force from the ladder top.
Starting a chapter with "New Game"
- All chapters are unlocked by default.
Suggestions And Requests
- Inclusion of an FGD and Hammer configuation