From Valve Developer Community
logic_auto is a point entity available in all Source games.
It fires outputs immediately after a map loads, unlike most other entities that wait for input first. It can be set to check a global state before firing, which allows you to fire events based on what took place in a previous map.
If the "Remove on fire" flag is set, the
logic_auto is deleted after firing. Delayed outputs will still work, however.
Warning:Attempting to directly access or modify the player may cause Access Violation errors, because the outputs are fired before the player has spawned. Adding a slight time delay may overcome this.
- Global State to Read
- If set, this specifies a global state to check before firing. The
OnMapSpawnoutput will only fire if the global state is set.
Value Description --- None ---
Antlions are player allies
Suit sprint function not yet enabled
Super phys gun is enabled
Friendly encounter sequence (lower weapons, etc.)
Gordon is invulnerable
Don't spawn seagulls on the jeep
Game is running on a console
Game is running on a PC
- 1 : Remove on fire
- Fired when the map is loaded for any reason.
- Fired when the map is loaded to start a new game.
- Fired when the map is loaded from a saved game.
- Fired when the map is loaded due to a level transition.
- Fired when the map is loaded as a background to the main menu.
- Fired only in multiplayer, when a new map is loaded.
- Fired only in multiplayer, when a new round is started. Only fired in multiplayer games that use round-based gameplay.