logic_relayis a point entity available in all Source games. It is a message forwarder. It can be used to fire many outputs at once from just one input, or, by being disabled, to break an I/O chain. It can also be very helpful for organization and keeping you from having to edit MANY instances of the same outputs, as opposed to just one.
logic_relay is triggered, it cannot be triggered again until all of its outputs are fired. This is useful for when a relay has a sequence of delayed outputs that shouldn't be repeated until the sequence is finished. This behavior can be disabled with the "Allow fast retrigger" spawnflag.
- Entity Scripts
- Space delimited list of VScript files (without file extension) that are executed after all entities have spawned. The scripts are all executed in the same script scope, later ones overwriting any identical variables and functions.
- Script think function
- Name of a function in this entity's script which will be called automatically every 100 milliseconds (ten times a second) for the duration of the script. It can be used to create timers or to simulate autonomous behavior. The return value (if present) will set the time until the next call. Note:Try to avoid expensive operations in this function, as it may cause performance problems.
- Start Disabled (StartDisabled)
- Stay dormant until activated (probably with the
- 1: Only trigger once
- 2: Allow fast retrigger
- Allows the relay to fire the OnTrigger outputs after being disabled.
- Prevents the relay from firing OnTrigger outputs in response to Trigger inputs.
- Trigger the relay, causing its OnTrigger output to fire if it is enabled.
- Toggle the relay between enabled and disabled.
- Cancel any events fired by this relay that are currently pending in the I/O event queue.
- Automatically fired on a relay after any delayed outputs finish firing, allowing it to fire again.
- Triggers the relay with a parameter, causing its OnTriggerParameter output to fire if it is enabled.
- Removes this entity from the world.
- Removes this entity and its children from the world. Note:Entities already remove orphaned children upon being removed, but this input removes all children on the same frame, being marginally faster than
- Adds a keyvalue/output to this entity. It can be potentially very dangerous, use with care.
<output name> <targetname>:<inputname>:<parameter>:<delay>:<max times to fire, -1 means infinite>
- Fire the
OnUseroutputs; see User Inputs and Outputs.
- Same as a player invoking +use; may not do anything depending on the entity. Can also be invoked by firing an output that does not specify an input.
- Execute a VScript file from disk, without file extension. The script contents are merged with the script scope of the receiving entity.
- Execute a string of VScript source code in the scope of the entity receiving the input. String quotation may be needed when fired via console. Bug: In , the code is executed in the script scope of the entity that fires the output, not the one receiving the input.Warning: Never try to pass string parameters to a script function with this input. It will corrupt the VMF structure because of the nested quotation marks, which then must be removed manually with a text editor.
- Execute a VScript function in the scope of the receiving entity.
- Send this entity to a spot in the map. If the entity is parented to something, it will be offset from the parent by this amount.
- Set this entity's angles.
- Fired when the relay is spawned. If the relay is set to only trigger once, it will delete itself after firing this output.
- Fired when the relay is triggered. If the relay is set to only trigger once, it will delete itself after firing this output.
- Fired when the relay is triggered with a parameter. If the relay is set to only trigger once, it will delete itself after firing this output.
- These outputs each fire in response to the firing of the like-numbered
FireUser4Input; see User Inputs and Outputs.
- This output fires when the entity is killed and removed from the game.