Template:KV prop static base
From Valve Developer Community
- How objects should collide with the prop. "Bounding box" means using QPhysics.
- Lighting Origin
- An info_lighting to specify a location to sample lighting from, instead of using this entity's origin.
- Disable Vertex lighting
- Disable Self-Shadowing with vertex lighting
- Ignore surface normal for computing vertex lighting
- Tweaks to the manner in which VRAD generates per-vertex lighting.
- Screen Space Fade
- The method by which the fading distance should be determined.
- Yes: fade "distance" is the size of the object on-screen, in pixels.
- No (default): fade distance is the distance from the camera, in units.
- Start Fade Dist/Pixels
- Normally: distance at which the prop starts to fade (<0 means use End Fade Dist).
- Screen Space Fade mode: width in pixels of the prop when it starts to fade.
- End Fade Dist/Pixels
- Normally: maximum distance at which the prop is visible (0 means don't fade out).
- Screen Space Fade mode: width in pixels of the prop when it finishes fading.
- Fade Scale
- If you specify so in worldspawn, or if the engine is running below DirectX7, props will fade out even if the fade distances above aren't specified. This value gives you some control over when this happens: numbers smaller than 1 cause the prop to fade out at further distances, and greater than 1 cause it to fade out at closer distances. Using 0 turns off the forced fade altogether.
- World Model (model)
- The model this entity should appear as. 128-character limit.
- Skin (skin)
- Some models have multiple skins. This value selects from the index, starting with 0. Tip:Hammer's model browser automatically updates this value if you use it to view different skins.
- Model Scale (modelscale)
<float>(New with Team Fortress 2)
- A multiplier for the size of the model.
- Disable shadows (disableshadows)
- Prevent the entity from creating cheap render-to-texture shadows. Does not affect shadow mapping.
- Disable ShadowDepth (disableshadowdepth)
<boolean>(New with Portal 2)
- Used to disable rendering into shadow depth (for projected textures) for this entity.
- Projected Texture Cache (shadowdepthnocache)
<choices>(New with Portal 2)
- Used to hint projected texture system whether it is sufficient to cache shadow volume of this entity or to force render it every frame instead.
- 0 : Default
- 1 : No cache - render every frame
- 2 : Cache it - render only once
- Minimum DX Level (mindxlevel)
- The entity will not exist if the engine is running outside the given range of DirectX Versions. Replaced by SystemLevelChoice from Left 4 Dead onwards.
- Warning: If these are used, the object may break when the user switches their DirectX settings.
- Maximum DX Level (maxdxlevel)
- Pitch Yaw Roll (Y Z X)
- This entity's orientation in the world. Pitch is rotation around the Y axis, yaw is the rotation around the Z axis, roll is the rotation around the X axis.