This game has received a Metascore® of 90
For reviews or more information, please click here
Half-Life 2 was ported to Xbox by Valve in 2005. The engine and it's maps has been modified to meet the console's hardware specs. Despite this, the game can sometimes struggling to run properly on the console with the framerate occasionally dropping to below 20s.
Key Differences between Xbox and PC
- Runs on a unique branch of Source 2004. All entity and movement quirks are included, such as func_ladder and propflying.
- Locked at 720x480 (NTSC) or 720x576 (PAL) render resolution with optional widescreen support (4:3 stretched to 16:9) and a framerate of 30 FPS.
- Uses file streaming and a unique filetype known as XZP. GCFScape is able to open these archives.
- Different content filetypes: Audio and Video were converted to Xbox-specific filetypes.
- Unique save file structure
- Has proprietary texture and scene formats