The Orange Box (Console)
The Electronic Arts and released later in December 2007.port of was released at the same time as the PC version, but has not received any of the engine updates from over the years. While the port was handled in-house by Valve, the version was ported by
The PS3 port of Orange Box usually suffered from occasional frame drops due to poor optimization as at the time, developing games for PS3 in general are usually hard, which Valve CEO, Gabe Newell once criticized the PS3 for it's extremely difficult when it's come to development and optimizations until the announcement of Portal 2.
Like the PC version, all 5 games are included:
- (without Lost Coast)
Key differences between Console and PC
- Still runs on Source 2007.
- Render resolution is locked at 1280x720 (720p) and framerate is locked at 30 FPS. NTSC 480i/480p or PAL 576i/576p is also available when configured on console settings or via analog video cable (e.g. Composite, S-Video, Component, RGB SCART, etc...), which may slightly improve performance and properly maintaining stable 30 FPS.
- Unique menu scheme tailored for controller input, see image below:
- Xbox Live compatibility
- Servers for the were hosted by EA. The servers have been shut down in March 2023. version of
- Team Fortress 2 has received minimal updates, and remains a snapshot of the game circa early 2008.
Links to buy the console version.