Insurgency , Black Mesa (Source) , Counter-Strike: Global Offensive , Portal 2: Community Edition .
It casts an extremely accurate shadow map via the
tools/skybox texture, acting as a real-time variation of
light_environment. This form of lighting is known as Cascaded Shadow Maps, or CSM, which works by rendering very detailed shadow maps which becomes a lower and lower resolution depending on the distance the viewer is from the surface, similar to mipmaps. Some games automatically add this entity to the map, but it can be placed manually as well.
light_environmentin your map as well to create lightmap based lighting, which is not done by this entity.
- Light Color
- This is the color of the sunlight. For , the color is automatically copied from the light_environment.
- Max shadow distance
- Maximum dynamic shadow distance. Higher values are slower, default on PC is 400 units.
- Use light_environment's angles
- If true, the CSM shadow angles are automatically taken from a
light_environment's angles. If false, this entity's Pitch Yaw Roll is used.
- Used for controlling shadow softness in cascades 1, 2, and 3.
- DepthBias for cascades 1, 2, and 3.
- Slope DepthBias for cascades 1, 2, and 3.
- DepthBias for viewmodel cascade.
- DepthBias for viewmodel cascade.
- Use Manual mode for better quality and performance. In near future Auto mode will be removed from the game.
- 0: Auto: Static cache will update once every 10 frames (approx) covering max shadow distance or whole map around player.
- 1: Manual : Static cache area coverage and updates are managed via CSM Volumes' I/O.
- Start Disabled
- Stay dormant until activated (with the
- Maintain the same initial offset to this entity. An attachment point can also be used if separated by a comma at the end. (
parentname [targetname],[attachment])Tip: Entities transition to the next map with their parentsTip:
phys_constraintcan be used as a workaround if parenting fails.
- Global Entity Name
- When the player transitions to a new map, entities in the new map with matching globalnames will have their previous map's states copied over to it.
- Origin (X Y Z)
- The position of this entity's center in the world. Rotating entities typically rotate around their origin.Note: Hammer does not move the entities accordingly only in the editor.
- Pitch Yaw Roll (X Y Z)
- This entity's orientation in the world. Pitch is rotation around the Y axis, yaw is the rotation around the Z axis, roll is the rotation around the X axis.Note: This works on brush entities, although Hammer doesn't show the new angles.
- Response Contexts
- Pre-defined response system contexts; Format is
[key]:[value],[key]:[value],...and so on.Tip: Can also be filtered for or against!
- Toggles exclusive features of an entity, its specific number is determined by the combination of flags added.
- Hammer ID
- The entity's unique Hammer ID that's auto-generated on map compiles. Mainly used by plugins or debugging commands (like the
ent_keyvaluecommand). Run-time spawned entities don't have a Hammer ID.
- Entity Scripts
- Space delimited list of VScript files (without file extension) that are executed after all entities have spawned. The scripts are all executed in the same script scope, later ones overwriting any identical variables and functions.
- Script think function
- Name of a function in this entity's script which will be called automatically every 100 milliseconds (ten times a second) for the duration of the script. It can be used to create timers or to simulate autonomous behavior. The return value (if present) will set the time until the next call. Try to avoid expensive operations in this function, as it may cause performance problems.
- Lag Compensation
- Set to Yes to lag compensate this entity. Should be used very sparingly!
- Disable for Xbox 360
- If this entity should automatically be given the 'Disable' input on the Xbox 360 version of Source.
- Is Automatic-Aim Target
- If set to 1, this entity will slow down aiming movement for consoles and joystick controllers when the entity is under the crosshairs.
- Sets the direction shadows cast in.
- Changes color of the sunlight.
- Deprecated. Boosts the color of the sunlight. Non-functional, only resets the Light Color.
- Set CSM Volume via trigger volume.
- Set CSM Volume to scene bounds.
- Set CSM Volume to CSM Volume Entity.
- Enable/disable this entity from performing its task. It might also disappear from view.
- Assigns a new keyvalue/output on this entity. For keyvalues, some rely on extra necessary code to be ran and won't work if its simply just changed through this input. There is a strict format that must be followed:
- Removes all contexts from this entity's list.
- Removes this entity from the the movement hierarchy, leaving it free to move independently.
- Fires the respective
OnUseroutputs; see User Inputs and Outputs.
- Removes this entity and any entities parented to it from the world.
- Functions the same as
Kill, although this entity and any entities parented to it are killed on the same frame, being marginally faster than
- Remove a context from this entity's list. The name should match the key of an existing context.
- Change this entity to attach to a specific attachment point on its parent. The entity will teleport so that the position of its root bone matches that of the attachment. Entities must be parented before being sent this input.
- As above, but without teleporting. The entity retains its position relative to the attachment at the time of the input being received.
- Dispatches a special effect from the entity's origin; see also List of Client Effects. Replaced by the particle system since .
- Execute a VScript file from disk, without file extension. The script contents are merged with the script scope of the receiving entity.
- Execute a string of VScript source code in the scope of the entity receiving the input. String quotation may be needed when fired via console. Bug: In Hammer, using string arguments will corrupt the VMF file's structure, making the file unviewable for the next Hammer session.
- Fix: Remove the string argument manually with a text editor.
- Send this entity to a spot in the map. If the entity is parented to something, it will be offset from the parent by this amount.
- These outputs each fire in response to the firing of the like-numbered
FireUser4Input; see User Inputs and Outputs.