trigger_finale is a point entity available in the Left 4 Dead series. The entity triggers the end of the current campaign session. Its location is crucial in determining the end of the escape route, also known as the flow of the single-map campaign or finale map in a multi-map campaign. If trigger_finale is not above the finale arena's nav mesh, the end of the escape route will be determined by the center of the all the nav areas marked with
- World model
- Disable Shadows
- Used to disable dynamic shadows on this entity.
- First Use Delay
- For two-part finale starts, delays this many seconds before allowing another +use.
- Use Delay
- Starts the finale this many seconds after a +use.
- Finale Type
- Specifies which style of finale to trigger
- 0 : Standard
- 1 : Gauntlet
- 2 : Custom
- 4 : Scavenge
- Script File
- Versus Travel
- How much of the versus score is attained through travel to the finale ( not valid in gauntlet finale )
- Is Sacrifice Finale
- If true, one survivor has to be available to perform some action outside the escape vehicle.
- Entity Scripts
- Space delimited list of VScript files (without file extension) that are executed after all entities have spawned. The scripts are all executed in the same script scope, later ones overwriting any identical variables and functions.
- Script think function
- Name of a function in this entity's script which will be called automatically every 100 milliseconds (ten times a second) for the duration of the script. It can be used to create timers or to simulate autonomous behavior. The return value (if present) will set the time until the next call. Note: Try to avoid expensive operations in this function, as it may cause performance problems.
- Pitch Yaw Roll (Y Z X)
- This entity's orientation in the world. Pitch is rotation around the Y axis, yaw is the rotation around the Z axis, roll is the rotation around the X axis.
- Start Disabled (StartDisabled)
- Stay dormant until activated (probably with the
- Give the survivors a victory.
- Teleports the survivors to a set of info_survivor_position entities. Used to make the survivors stand still on the escape vehicle or hide them.
- Unlocks the escape vehicle navigation mesh areas, and makes survivors speak out that the vehicle has arrived.
- Start the finale now. Only works when all survivors have entered the finale area marked in the navigation mesh.
- Allow the escape sequence to happen at the proper phase of the finale. ( only)
- Block the escape sequence from happening (until re-enabled). Infected will still spawn.( only)
- Move the gauntlet finale state out of continuous panic mode. Advances to the tank stage the first time it is called, and the escape sequence the second time.
- Increments the finale stage.
- Indicates the survivors failed the escape requirements.
- Indicates the survivors met the escape requirements.
- A player has committed to the sacrifice run. (activator is the player)
- Possibly only for Gauntlet style finale in-play.
- Removes this entity from the world.
- Removes this entity and its children from the world. Note: Entities already remove orphaned children upon being removed, but this input removes all children on the same frame, being marginally faster than
- Adds a keyvalue/output to this entity. It can be potentially very dangerous, use with care.
<output name> <targetname>:<inputname>:<parameter>:<delay>:<max times to fire, -1 means infinite>
- Fire the
OnUseroutputs; see User Inputs and Outputs.
- Same as a player invoking +use; may not do anything depending on the entity. Can also be invoked by firing an output that does not specify an input.
- Execute a VScript file from disk, without file extension. The script contents are merged with the script scope of the receiving entity.
- Execute a string of VScript source code in the scope of the entity receiving the input. String quotation may be needed when fired via console. Bug: In , the code is executed in the script scope of the entity that fires the output, not the one receiving the input.Warning: Never try to pass string parameters to a script function with this input. It will corrupt the VMF structure because of the nested quotation marks, which then must be removed manually with a text editor.
- Execute a VScript function in the scope of the receiving entity.
- Send this entity to a spot in the map. If the entity is parented to something, it will be offset from the parent by this amount.
- Set this entity's angles.
- Enable/disable this entity from performing its task. It might also disappear from view.
- Fired when the survivors should start their escape.
- Fired when the survivors win the finale.
- Fired when the survivors lose the finale.
- Fired when a player uses the trigger the first time.
- Fired when a player uses the trigger to start the finale.
- Fired when the finale starts.
- Fired during the pause between each finale wave.
- Fired when the escape vehicle starts to leave.
- These outputs each fire in response to the firing of the like-numbered
FireUser4Input; see User Inputs and Outputs.
- This output fires when the entity is killed and removed from the game.