(Redirected from Mp hostages spawn force positions)
hostage_entity is a point entity available in the following Source games:
Counter-Strike: Source and Counter-Strike: Global Offensive.
Note: Identical to info_hostage_spawn.
This is a spawn point for a hostage NPC.
This is a potential spawn point for a liftable hostage.
Tip: In VScript, if
- For the round ending logic, see Creating a Classic Counter-Strike Map#Game Mode Description.
- Players earn money by interacting with a hostage or rescuing it and get money penalties for hurting or killing hostages.
- Hostages are solid to player clip and they are not solid to NPC clip!
- The model for each hostage is randomly chosen.
Placement Tip: Keep this entity away from things that it could get stuck in when spawning.
Some ConVars are deprecated in since hostages have been updated to no longer run themselves.
||0||Shows hostage AI debug information. If non-zero, Terrorists can pick hostages up with no pickup delay. |
Bug: The carried hostage's model and collisions remains and it keeps teleporting inside the terrorist carrier, making him stuck.
||ConCommand||Navigation Meshes: Toggles the hostages cannot use this area flag used by the AI system. Deprecated in .|
||5 10||Terrorists are kicked for killing this many hostages and are warned if they need only one more kill: "If you kill one more hostage, you will be removed from the server."|
The ConVar is inaccessible? Killing hostages requires
||20000||How hard the hostage is pushed away from physics objects (falls off with inverse square of distance). Deprecated in .|
||1000||Maximum of how hard the hostage is pushed away from physics objects. Deprecated in .|
||0||If non-zero, all hostages won't play any code driven response rules lines, i.e. speaking and hurt sounds. The breathing while being carried remains in both cases.|
||2||Maximum number of hostages to spawn. The number of hostages cannot exceed the number of hostage entities on the map.|
||1||Additional minutes added to round time if a hostage is reached by a CT for the first time.|
Deprecated: Slow down hostages by setting this to <
||0||When enabled will consistently force the farthest hostages to spawn. |
||""||Comma separated list of zero based hostage_entity indices to force spawn positions, e.g. |
Tip: Overrides exclusion groups and
||""||Comma separated list of xyz locations to force spawn positions, e.g. |
||0||Whether or not hostages can be hurt and killed.
Warning: Killing a hostage that a bot is about to pick up will crash the game! Killing a hostage while a player is freeing it makes him stuck, as if he kept +using the hostage. Terrorists killing 10 hostages are kicked, even with mp_autokick 0. Overall, there is certain undefined behavior going on.
||1||Determines if only CTs can escort hostages or any player.
Note: Terrorists bringing a hostage to a func_hostage_rescue win the round for the CTs. To simulate a Terrorist rescuing a hostage, fire
||0||How many minutes each round of Hostage Rescue takes. If 0 then use mp_roundtime instead.|
||200||The maximum velocity that hostage carriers can reach by running.|
Note: The 8
cash_ConVars and 3
contributionscore_ConVars concerning hostages have been omitted.
- Hostage Model
- Not used. Hostage models are chosen randomly by the game.
- Hostage Spawn Random Factor
(HostageSpawnRandomFactor)<integer> (only in )
- Allows to increase probability of this hostage being picked during random spawn selection process, essentially considering this spawn point specified number of times.
- Hostage Spawn Exclusion Group 1
(HostageSpawnExclusionGroup1)to Hostage Spawn Exclusion Group 30
(HostageSpawnExclusionGroup30)<choices> (only in )
- Hostages sharing any exclusion group will never spawn together, unless overridden with
0 n/a 1 Do not spawn together
- Rescues the hostage, making it fade out. This can win the round for CTs.
OnRescued(only in )
- Fired when a player carrying this hostage touches a func_hostage_rescue.