env_wind is a point entity available in all games. It creates wind throughout an entire map.
Note: In some/all multiplayer games, this is a preserved entity.
Note: Wind direction is determined by
env_wind's yaw value.
Note: In most games that have
$treeSway, this entity is required in order for the materials to simulate wind blowing on them.
$treeswaydoes not require
$treeswaystatic( only) is used.
Bug: The wind effect in the client game will not change when a new map is loaded which does not contain an env_wind entity.
- Min normal speed
- Minimum speed of the wind while idling.
- Max normal speed
- Maximum speed of the wind while idling.
- Min gust speed
- Minimum speed of wind gusts.
- Max gust speed
- Maximum speed of wind gusts.
- Min gust delay
- Minimum time delay between random gusts.
- Max gust delay
- Maximum time delay between random gusts.
- Gust Duration
- How long will the wind gust for.
- Max gust dir change (degrees)
- Maximum amount that the wind's direction changes due to a gust.
- The radius this entity applies wind effects to. -1 for global effect.
- Turns the wind on
- Turns the wind off
- Fired when a wind gust begins.
- Fired when a wind gust ends.