Russell's headset that the player can pick up and put on.
- Model (model)
- Glow State (glowstate)
- Glow Range (glowrange)
- Range at which the glow becomes visible. 0 means always visible.
- Glow Range Min (glowrangemin)
- Range at which the glow stops being visible. 0 means always visible.
- Glow Color Override (R G B) (glowcolor)
- Change the render color of the glow.
- Minimum Effect Details Level
- Maximum Effect Details Level
- Don't render for players with Effect Details levels that exceed the minimum or maximum.
Note: The key's names is because of the
cpu_levelcommand; the command Effect Details uses.
- Minimum Shader Details Level
- Maximum Shader Details Level
- Don't render for players with Shader Details levels that exceed the minimum or maximum.
Note: The key's names is because of the
gpu_levelcommand; the command Shader Details uses.
- Explosion Damage
- If non-zero, when this entity breaks it will create an explosion that causes the specified amount of damage. See also Explosion Radius.
- Explosion Radius
- If non-zero, when this entity breaks it will create an explosion with a radius of the specified amount. See also Explosion Damage.
- Sound to make when punted
- Sound to make when punted by gravity gun.
- Break Model Message
- "If set, will use this break model message instead of the normal break behavior." Confirm:Is this new with Source SDK 2013...? It isn't in Alien Swarm or 2007 code but is in 2013. New with L4D?
- Performance Mode
- Used to limit the amount of gibs produced when this entity breaks, for performance reasons.
- 0: Normal
- 1: No Gibs
- 2: Full Gibs on All Platforms (Xbox 360, PS3, etc)
- 3: Reduced gibs
- Min Damage to Hurt
- If a single hit to the object doesn't do at least this much damage, the prop won't take any of the damage it attempted to give.
- Pressure Delay
- Seconds to delay breaking from pressure. Allows creaking/groaning sounds to play.
- How close to breaking the object is.
- Maximum Health
- Health cannot exceed this amount.
- Physics Impact Damage Scale
- Multiplier for damage amount when this entity is hit by a physics object. With a value of 0 the entity will take no damage from physics.
- Breakable By
- only. Who can break this?
- 0: Everyone
- 1: All Infected
- 2: Only Tanks
- Min Damage to Hurt (minhealthdmg)
- The prop will ignore any damage events if the damage is less than this amount.
- Shadow Cast Distance (shadowcastdist)
- Physics Impact Damage Scale (physdamagescale)
- Scales damage energy when this object is hit by a physics object. NOTE: 0 means this feature is disabled for backwards compatibility.
Set to 1.0 for materials as strong as flesh, smaller numbers indicate stronger materials.
- Impact damage type (Damagetype)
- Damaging it Doesn't Push It (nodamageforces)
- Used to determine whether or not damage should cause the brush to move.
- Accept damage from player held objects (acceptdamagefromheldobjects)
- Set to true so the player can bash this with held props.
- Scale Factor For Inertia (inertiaScale)
- Scales the angular mass of an object. Used to hack angular damage and collision response.
- Mass Scale (massScale)
- A scale multiplier for the object's mass.
- Health Level to Override Motion (damagetoenablemotion)
- Health Level to Override Motion" : 0 : "If specified, this object will start motion disabled. Once its health has dropped below this specified amount, it will enable motion.
- Physics Impact Force to Override Motion (forcetoenablemotion)
- If specified, this object will start motion disabled. Any impact that imparts a force greater than this value on the physbox will enable motion.
- Sound to make when punted (puntsound)
- AI AddOn (addon)
- If specified this object will use this addon behavior when installed in a composite AI
- comma-separated list of interaction layers
- Force Nav Ignore (forcenavignore)
- If set, NPCs will ignore this prop when navigating.
- Force NPC Exclude (forcenpcexclude)
- If set, NPC movement will ignore this prop
- Auto Convert back from Debris (auto_convert_back_from_debris)
- If set, this prop will automatically convert back to interactive debris after coming to rest as Debris.
- Global Entity Name
- Name by which this entity is linked to another entity in a different map. When the player transitions to a new map, entities in the new map with globalnames matching entities in the previous map will have the previous map's state copied over their state.
- Create Client-Only Entity (clientSideEntity)
- Is the entity client-side only?
- Some models have multiple skins. This value selects from the index, starting with 0. Tip: Hammer's model browser automatically updates this value if you use it to view different skins.
- Model Scale
- A multiplier for the size of the model.
- Disable Shadows
- Prevents the entity from creating cheap render-to-texture shadows, or lightmap shadows if the entity is a
prop_static. Does not affect shadow mapping.
- Disable ShadowDepth
- Used to disable rendering into shadow depth (for projected textures) for this entity.
- Projected Texture Cache
- Used to hint projected texture system whether it is sufficient to cache shadow volume of this entity or to force render it every frame instead.
- 0 : Default
- 1 : No cache - render every frame
- 2 : Cache it - render only once
- Render in Fast Reflections
- If enabled, this entity will render in fast water reflections (i.e. when a water material specifies
$reflectonlymarkedentities) and in the world impostor pass.
- 1: Start Asleep.
- 2: Don't take physics damage.
- 4: Debris - Don't collide with the player or other debris.
- 8: Motion Disabled.
- 64: Enable motion when grabbed by gravity gun.
- 128: Not affected by rotor wash.
- 256: Generate output on
- 512: Prevent pickup.
- 1024: Prevent motion enable on player bump.
- 4096: Debris with trigger interaction.
- 8192: Force non-solid to players
- 32768: Enable +use glow effect
- 1048576: Physgun can ALWAYS pick up. No matter what.
- 16777216: Important Gravity Glove target.
- Turn on a permanent glow effect for this prop.
- Turn off this prop's glow effect.
- Sets Physics Impact Damage Scale. 0 means this feature is disabled for backwards compatibility.
- Makes the breakable able to picked up by the gravity gun.
- Makes the breakable not able to picked up by the gravity gun.
- Allow this prop from playing its Punt Sound sound when punted by the gravity gun.
- Prevent this prop from playing its Punt Sound sound when punted by the gravity gun.
- Breaks the breakable.
- Sets a new value for the breakable's health. If the breakable's health reaches zero it will break.
- Adds health to the breakable.
- Removes health from the breakable.
- Uses an alternative method for telling which objects are in front of others. Use if this object draws incorrectly when seen through transparent things.
- Sets the model scale. Takes two values separated by a space. The first is the target model scale. The second value is the number of seconds the change in scale will be spread over. If there is no second value, the model will scale instantly. Warning: Negative or extremely high values can cause crashes!
- Turn dynamic shadows off for this entity.
- Turn dynamic shadows on for this entity.
- This object will not receive light or shadows from projected textures.
- This object may receive light or shadows from projected textures.
- Turns off rendering of this entity in reflections when using
$reflectonlymarkedentitiesin water material.
- Turn on rendering of this entity in reflections when using
$reflectonlymarkedentitiesin water material.
- Add the EF_NODRAW flag to this entity. Some entities manage this on their own so be aware you can override that value.
- Remove the EF_NODRAW flag from this entity. Some entities manage this on their own so be aware you can override that value.
- Wake up this physics object, if it is sleeping.
- Put this physics object to sleep. It will wake if given the Wake input, or if force is applied to it. Note that physics objects go to sleep automatically after coming to rest for a while, so you don't really need to use this.
- Enable physics motion/collision response.
- Disable physics motion/collision response.
- Enable player pickup of this prop.
- Disable player pickup of this prop.
- Disable fluid/floating simulation to reduce cost.
- Sets bodygroup. Format is <BodygroupName,index>
- Set the Physics Impact Damage Scale for this character. NOTE: 0 means this feature is disabled for backwards compatibility.
- Damaging the entity applies physics forces to it.
- Damaging the entity does *not* apply physics forces to it.
- Allow this prop to play its own sound when punted.
- Prevent this prop from playing its own sound when punted.
- Set whether or not this prop should automatically convert back to interactive debris after it comes to rest as debris.
- Add an attribute with a value of 1.
- Remove an attribute.
- Calls a script function from this entity's private script scope.
- Calls a script function in the global script scope.
- Change this entity to attach to a specific attachment point on its parent. The entity will teleport so that the position of its root bone matches that of the attachment. Entities must be parented before being sent this input.
- As above, but without teleporting. The entity retains its position relative to the attachment at the time of the input being received.
- Removes this entity from the the movement hierarchy, leaving it free to move independently.
- Removes this entity from the world.
- Removes this entity and its children from the world. Note: Entities already remove orphaned children upon being removed, but this input removes all children on the same frame, being marginally faster than
- Adds a keyvalue/output to this entity. It can be potentially very dangerous, use with care.
<output name> <targetname>:<inputname>:<parameter>:<delay>:<max times to fire, -1 means infinite>
- Fire the
OnUseroutputs; see User Inputs and Outputs.
- Same as a player invoking +use; may not do anything depending on the entity. Can also be invoked by firing an output that does not specify an input.
- Execute a VScript file from disk, without file extension. The script contents are merged with the script scope of the receiving entity.
- Execute a string of VScript source code in the scope of the entity receiving the input. String quotation may be needed when fired via console. Bug: In , the code is executed in the script scope of the entity that fires the output, not the one receiving the input.Warning: Never try to pass string parameters to a script function with this input. It will corrupt the VMF structure because of the nested quotation marks, which then must be removed manually with a text editor.
- Send this entity to a spot in the map. If the entity is parented to something, it will be offset from the parent by this amount.
- Fired when headset is put on.
- Fired when this object catches fire.
- Fired when this object breaks.
!activatoris whatever breaks the object.
- Fired whenever the health of the breakable has increased or decreased. This output automatically puts the new health amount as a decimal percent (e.g. 45% = 0.45) into the parameter box for inputs, if the mapper does not override the parameter with something else.
- Fired when motion is enabled on this prop, either via 'Health Level to Override Motion' or from the EnableMotion input.
- Fired when this entity becomes awake (collision/force is applied to it while it's asleep).
- Fired when the player picks up the prop with the physcannon or +USE.
- Fired when a player punts this object with the physgun.
- Fired when a player picks this object up WITH THE PHYSGUN. +USE pickups do not fire this output.
- Fired when the player drops the prop with the physcannon or USE.
- Fired when the player tries to +USE the prop. This output will fire only if the Generate output on +USE spawnflag is set.
- Fired whenever the player picks up this prop (with the physcannon or with +USE).
- Fired whenever the prop is out of the allowed world bounds.
- These outputs each fire in response to the firing of the like-numbered
FireUser4Input; see User Inputs and Outputs.
- This output fires when the entity is killed and removed from the game.