trigger_player_respawn_override is a trigger that overrides the default map-wide respawn wave time of any player that dies within it's volume. They will respawn with the timer set within the trigger's keyvalues rather than any other times set.
- Filter Name
- A filter entity to test potential activators against.
- Minimum Bounding Box Size
- Co-ordinate of the minimum bounding box corner. The bounding box is drawn from this corner to the other one. Requires Bounding Box collisions (solid 2) to be used. Can be used to overwrite the collision shape of a brush, although it can only be a cuboid.
- Maximum Bounding Box Size
- Co-ordinate of the maximum bounding box corner. The bounding box is drawn from this corner to the other one. Requires Bounding Box collisions (solid 2) to be used. Can be used to overwrite the collision shape of a brush, although it can only be a cuboid.
- Method of collision for this entity.
- The classname defines the type of entity. Classnames can be changed using
AddOutput, which will influence how the engine deals with the entity in certain circumstances.
- The name that other entities refer to this entity by.
- Global Entity Name
- Name by which this entity is linked to another entity in a different map. When the player transitions to a new map, entities in the new map with globalnames matching entities in the previous map will have the previous map's state copied over their state.
- Specifies a movement parent. An entity will maintain its initial offset from its parent. An attachment point can be added to the end of the name, separated by a comma. Every entity can be parented, even point entities. Entities which are parented will be forced to transition to the next map, such as from a
trigger_transition. Some entities which aren't intended to be parented may not function correctly.
phys_constraintcan be used as a workaround to parenting.
- Origin (X Y Z)
- The position of this entity's center in the world. Rotating entities typically rotate around their origin.
- Pitch Yaw Roll (X Y Z)
- This entity's orientation in the world. Pitch is rotation around the Y axis, yaw is the rotation around the Z axis, roll is the rotation around the X axis.Note: This works on brush entities, although Hammer doesn't show the new angles.
- Toggles features of an entity, its specific number is determined by the combination of flags added.
- Response Contexts
- Pre-defined response system contexts for this entity. Format is
key:value,key:value,.... Contexts may be filtered.
- Combination of effect flags to use.
- Local Time
- The local time of the entity, independent of the global clock. Used mainly for physics calculations.
- Next Think
- Amount of time before the entity thinks again.
- Hammer ID
- The entity's Hammer ID. Mainly used by plugins and debugging commands, such as
ent_keyvalue. Can be manually assigned with the "hammerid" or "id" keyvalue. Entities spawned at run-time are not assigned any Hammer ID.
- Start Disabled (StartDisabled)
- Stay dormant until activated (probably with the
- Respawn Time
- The number of seconds before players that die inside the volume of this trigger can respawn. Setting -1 will allow the game to decide.
1] : Clients
2] : NPCs
4] : Pushables
8] : Physics Objects
16] : Only player ally NPCs
32] : Only clients in vehicles
64] : Everything (not including physics debris)
512] : Only clients *not* in vehicles
1024] : Physics debris
2048] : Only NPCs in vehicles (respects player ally flag)
4096] : Disallow Bots
4096] : Correctly account for object mass (
trigger_pushused to assume 100Kg) and multiple component physics objects (car, blob...)
- Removes this entity from the world.
- Removes this entity and all its children from the world.
- Evaluates a keyvalue/output on this entity. It can be potentially very dangerous, use with care.
<output name> <targetname>:<inputname>:<parameter>:<delay>:<max times to fire, -1 means infinite>
- Fire the
OnUseroutputs; see User Inputs and Outputs.
- Clears the parent attachment.
- Set the entity's parent.
- Move with this entity. See Entity Hierarchy (parenting).
- Change this entity to attach to a specific attachment point on its parent. The entity will teleport so that the position of its root bone matches that of the attachment. Entities must be parented before being sent this input.
- As above, but without teleporting. The entity retains its position relative to the attachment at the time of the input being received.
- Removes this entity from the the movement hierarchy, leaving it free to move independently.
- Toggle the enabled/disabled status of this entity.
- The number of seconds before players that die inside the volume of this trigger can respawn.
- Enable/disable this entity from performing its task. It might also disappear from view.
- These Outputs each fire in response to the firing of the like-numbered
FireUser4Input; see User Inputs and Outputs.
- Fired when an entity starts touching this trigger. The touching entity must pass this trigger's filters to cause this output to fire.
- Fired when an entity starts touching this trigger, and no other entities are touching it. Only entities that passed this trigger's filters are considered.
- Fired when an entity stops touching this trigger. Only entities that passed this trigger's filters will cause this output to fire.
- Fires when an entity stops touching this trigger, and no other entities are touching it. Only entities that passed this trigger's filters are considered.