Ship trigger room
This entity links locations with rooms.
- Filter Name
- A filter entity to test potential activators against.
- Minimum Bounding Box Size
- Co-ordinate of the minimum bounding box corner. The bounding box is drawn from this corner to the other one. Requires Bounding Box collisions (solid 2) to be used. Can be used to overwrite the collision shape of a brush, although it can only be a cuboid.
- Maximum Bounding Box Size
- Co-ordinate of the maximum bounding box corner. The bounding box is drawn from this corner to the other one. Requires Bounding Box collisions (solid 2) to be used. Can be used to overwrite the collision shape of a brush, although it can only be a cuboid.
- Method of collision for this entity.
- The classname defines the type of entity. Classnames can be changed using
AddOutput, which will influence how the engine deals with the entity in certain circumstances.
- The name that other entities refer to this entity by.
- Global Entity Name
- Name by which this entity is linked to another entity in a different map. When the player transitions to a new map, entities in the new map with globalnames matching entities in the previous map will have the previous map's state copied over their state.
- Specifies a movement parent. An entity will maintain its initial offset from its parent. An attachment point can be added to the end of the name, separated by a comma. Every entity can be parented, even point entities. Entities which are parented will be forced to transition to the next map, such as from a
trigger_transition. Some entities which aren't intended to be parented may not function correctly.
phys_constraintcan be used as a workaround to parenting.
- Origin (X Y Z)
- The position of this entity's center in the world. Rotating entities typically rotate around their origin.
- Pitch Yaw Roll (X Y Z)
- This entity's orientation in the world. Pitch is rotation around the Y axis, yaw is the rotation around the Z axis, roll is the rotation around the X axis.Note: This works on brush entities, although Hammer doesn't show the new angles.
- Toggles features of an entity, its specific number is determined by the combination of flags added.
- Response Contexts
- Pre-defined response system contexts for this entity. Format is
key:value,key:value,.... Contexts may be filtered.
- Combination of effect flags to use.
- Local Time
- The local time of the entity, independent of the global clock. Used mainly for physics calculations.
- Next Think
- Amount of time before the entity thinks again.
- Hammer ID
- The entity's Hammer ID. Mainly used by plugins and debugging commands, such as
ent_keyvalue. Can be manually assigned with the "hammerid" or "id" keyvalue. Entities spawned at run-time are not assigned any Hammer ID.
- Start Disabled (StartDisabled)
- Stay dormant until activated (probably with the
- <choices> Need Event On Touch
Literal Value Description None None NEED_ID_BOREDOM_BOOK Boredom: Book NEED_ID_BOREDOM_DANCEFLOOR Boredom: Dance Floor NEED_ID_BOREDOM_DANCING_SOLO Boredom: Dancing Solo NEED_ID_BOREDOM_DISCO_BISCUITS Boredom: Disco Biscuits NEED_ID_BOREDOM_DOWNERS Boredom: Downers NEED_ID_BOREDOM_GAMEBOY Boredom: Gameboy NEED_ID_BOREDOM_HOT_TUB Boredom: Hot Tub NEED_ID_BOREDOM_MAGAZINE Boredom: Magazine NEED_ID_BOREDOM_SAUNA Boredom: Sauna NEED_ID_BOREDOM_SWIMMING_POOL Boredom: Swimming Pool
- <choices> Need Event On End Touch
Literal Value Description None None NEED_ID_BOREDOM_END_AREA_EFFECT End Effect on Boredom
- <target_destination> Area Soundscape
- <integer> Amount of time required to serve in jail if trespassed
- <float> Fine for trespassing
- <choices> Room Deck
Literal Value Description #Ship_DeckA Deck A #Ship_DeckB Deck B #Ship_DeckC Deck C #Ship_DeckD Deck D #Ship_DeckE Deck E #Ship_DeckF Deck F #Ship_DeckG Deck G #Ship_NoDeck No Deck
- <integer> Room NumberNote: This room number is used for disambiguation when there are multiple rooms of the type specified on the deck specified.
- <choices> Room Name
Literal Value Description #Ship_No_Name I need a NAME #Ship_1st_Class_Cabin 1st Class Cabin #Ship_2nd_Class_Cabin 2nd Class Cabin #Ship_3rd_Class_Cabin 3rd Class Cabin #Ship_Aft_Deck Aft Deck #Ship_Aft_Foyer Aft Foyer #Ship_Arboretum Arboretum #Ship_Armoury Armoury #Ship_Atrium Atrium #Ship_Ballroom Ballroom #Ship_Bank_Corridor Bank Corridor #Ship_Bank_Lobby Bank Lobby #Ship_Bank_Managers_Office Bank Manager's Office #Ship_Bank_Office Bank Office #Ship_Bank_Vault Bank Vault #Ship_Bar_Corridor Bar Corridor #Ship_Bar_Name_A Blues Bar #Ship_Bar_Name_B Sky Bar #Ship_Bar_Name_C Bar Nex #Ship_Bar_Name_D Venator Bar #Ship_Bar_Name_E Davy Jones Bar #Ship_Boat_Deck Boat Deck #Ship_Boutique_Name_A Marco Graza Menswear #Ship_Boutique_Name_B Pour Vous #Ship_Boutique_Name_C Victorian Secrets #Ship_Boutique_Name_D Nautilus Sports #Ship_Boutique_Name_E Golden Oldies #Ship_Boutique_Name_F Waikiki Beach Hut #Ship_Boutique_Name_G The Final Cut #Ship_Boutique_Name_H House of Usher #Ship_Bow_Deck Bow Deck #Ship_Bridge Bridge #Ship_Bridge_Chart_Room Bridge Chart Room #Ship_Bridge_Corridor Bridge Corridor #Ship_Bridge_Control_Room Bridge Control Room #Ship_Bridge_Engineering Bridge Engineering #Ship_Bridge_Radio_Room Bridge Radio Room #Ship_Bridge_View_Deck Bridge View Deck #Ship_Brig Brig #Ship_Brig_Corridor Brig Corridor #Ship_Brig_Dining_Hall Brig Dining Hall #Ship_Brig_Shower_Block Brig Shower Block #Ship_Brig_Toilet_Block Brig Toilet Block #Ship_Brig_Waiting_Room Brig Waiting Room #Ship_Cabin_Ensuite Cabin Ensuite #Ship_Cafe_Name_A Cafe #Ship_Cafe_Name_B Jazz Cafe #Ship_Cafe_Name_C Cafe Nocturne #Ship_Cafe_Name_D Mall Cafe #Ship_Captains_Cabin Captain's Cabin #Ship_Cargo_Hold Cargo Hold #Ship_Cargo_Hold_Corridor Cargo Hold Corridor #Ship_Casino Casino #Ship_Cell Cell #Ship_Changing_Room Changing Room #Ship_Cinema Cinema #Ship_Corridor Corridor #Ship_Courtroom Courtroom #Ship_Crew_Corridor Crew Corridor #Ship_Crew_Dormitory Crew Dormitory #Ship_Crew_Stairwell Crew Stairwell #Ship_Dance_Floor Dance Floor #Ship_Elevator Elevator #Ship_Engine_Core Engine Core #Ship_Engineering Engineering #Ship_Engineering_Control_Room Engineering Control Room #Ship_Female_Bathroom Female Bathroom #Ship_Female_Changing_Room Female Changing Room #Ship_Female_Crew_Bathroom Female Crew Bathroom #Ship_Female_Crew_Cabin Female Crew Cabin #Ship_Female_Crew_Dormitory Female Crew Dormitory #Ship_Female_Showers Female Showers #Ship_Female_Toilets Female Toilets #Ship_Freezer Freezer #Ship_First_Class_Corridor First Class Corridor #Ship_For'd_Foyer For'd Foyer #Ship_Foyer Foyer #Ship_Games_Room Games Room #Ship_Gymnasium Gymnasium #Ship_Housekeeping Housekeeping #Ship_Hot_Tub Hot Tub #Ship_Kitchen_Name_A Britannic Kitchen #Ship_Kitchen_Name_B The Manhattan Kitchen #Ship_Kitchen_Name_C Captain Nemo's Kitchen #Ship_Kitchen_Name_D Nuestra Lugar Kitchen #Ship_Kitchen_Name_E Mall Cafe Kitchen #Ship_Laundrette Laundrette #Ship_Library Library #Ship_Lounge_Name_A The Amber Room #Ship_Lounge_Name_B Poseidon Lounge #Ship_Lounge_Name_C Discovery Lounge #Ship_Lounge_Name_D Orion Lounge #Ship_Main_Deck Main Deck #Ship_Maintenance Maintenance #Ship_Male_Bathroom Male Bathroom #Ship_Male_Changing_Room Male Changing Room #Ship_Male_Crew_Bathroom Male Crew Bathroom #Ship_Male_Crew_Cabin Male Crew Cabin #Ship_Male_Crew_Dormitory Male Crew Dormitory #Ship_Male_Showers Male Showers #Ship_Male_Toilets Male Toilets #Ship_Mall Mall #Ship_Observation_Deck Observation Deck #Ship_Outer_Deck Outer Deck #Ship_Pool_Deck Pool Deck #Ship_Promenade_Deck Promenade Deck #Ship_Release_Room Release Room #Ship_Restaurant_Name_A Britannic Restaurant #Ship_Restaurant_Name_B The Manhattan Restaurant #Ship_Restaurant_Name_C Captain Nemo's Buffet #Ship_Restaurant_Name_D Nuestra Lugar #Ship_Sauna Sauna #Ship_Second_Class_Corridor Second Class Corridor #Ship_Security_Booth Security Booth #Ship_Security_Corridor Security Corridor #Ship_Security_Office Security Office #Ship_Sickbay_Corridor Sickbay Corridor #Ship_Sickbay_Doctors_Office Sickbay Doctor's Office #Ship_Sickbay_Psychiatrists_Office Sickbay Psychiatrist's Office #Ship_Sickbay_Reception Sickbay Reception #Ship_Sickbay_Ward Sickbay Ward #Ship_Sky_Deck Sky Deck #Ship_Smoking_Lounge Smoking Lounge #Ship_Staffroom Staffroom #Ship_Stairwell Stairwell #Ship_Sun_Deck Sun Deck #Ship_Swimming_Pool Swimming Pool #Ship_Swimming_Pool_Corridor Swimming Pool Corridor #Ship_Theatre Theatre #Ship_Third_Class_Corridor Third Class Corridor #Ship_Unisex_Bathroom Bathroom #Ship_Unisex_Showers Showerblock #Ship_Unisex_Toilets Toilet #Ship_Vent Vent
- <choices> Room Type
Literal Value Description ROOM_TYPE_BANK Bank ROOM_TYPE_BAR Bar ROOM_TYPE_BRIDGE Bridge ROOM_TYPE_BRIG Brig ROOM_TYPE_CABIN_ENSUITE Cabin Ensuite ROOM_TYPE_CARGO_HOLD Cargo Hold ROOM_TYPE_CELL Cell ROOM_TYPE_CHANGING Changing Room ROOM_TYPE_CORRIDOR Corridor ROOM_TYPE_COURTROOM Courtroom ROOM_TYPE_CREW_CORRIDOR Crew Corridor ROOM_TYPE_CREW_STAIRWELL Stairwell ROOM_TYPE_ELEVATOR Elevator ROOM_TYPE_ENGINEERING Engineering ROOM_TYPE_FEMALE_BATHROOM Female Bathroom ROOM_TYPE_FEMALE_CREW_BATHROOM Female Crew Bathroom ROOM_TYPE_FEMALE_CREW_DORMITORY Female Crew Dormitory ROOM_TYPE_FEMALE_SHOWERS Female Showers ROOM_TYPE_FEMALE_TOILETS Female Toilets ROOM_TYPE_FIRST_CLASS_CABIN First Class Cabin ROOM_TYPE_HOUSEKEEPING Housekeeping ROOM_TYPE_KITCHEN Kitchen ROOM_TYPE_LIBRARY Library ROOM_TYPE_LOUNGE Lounge ROOM_TYPE_MALE_BATHROOM Male Bathroom ROOM_TYPE_MALE_CREW_BATHROOM Male Crew Bathroom ROOM_TYPE_MALE_CREW_DORMITORY Male Crew Dormitory ROOM_TYPE_MALE_SHOWERS Male Showers ROOM_TYPE_MALE_TOILETS Male Toilets ROOM_TYPE_OUTSIDE_DECK Outside Deck ROOM_TYPE_RESTAURANT Restaurant ROOM_TYPE_SWIMMING_POOL Swimming Pool ROOM_TYPE_SAUNA Sauna ROOM_TYPE_SECOND_CLASS_CABIN Second Class Cabin ROOM_TYPE_SECURITY_BOOTH Security Booth ROOM_TYPE_SHOP Shop ROOM_TYPE_SICKBAY Sickbay ROOM_TYPE_STAIRWELL Stairwell ROOM_TYPE_THIRD_CLASS_CABIN Third Class Cabin ROOM_TYPE_UNISEX_TOILETS Unisex Toilets
- <float> OnTrigger Refire Time
1] : Clients
2] : NPCs
4] : Pushables
8] : Physics Objects
16] : Only player ally NPCs
32] : Only clients in vehicles
64] : Everything (not including physics debris)
512] : Only clients *not* in vehicles
1024] : Physics debris
2048] : Only NPCs in vehicles (respects player ally flag)
4096] : Disallow Bots
4096] : Correctly account for object mass (trigger_push used to assume 100Kg) and multiple component physobjs (car, blob...)
- 1024 ???
- 2048 ???
- Triggers either the OnTouching or OnNotTouching outputs for whether anything is touching this entity.
- Behave as if the !caller entity had just entered the trigger volume. Accepts non-physical entities.
- Behave as if the !caller entity had just exited the trigger volume.
- Disables this trigger and calls EndTouch on all currently-touching entities.
- Toggles this trigger between enabled and disabled states.
- Enable/disable this entity from performing its task. It might also disappear from view.
- Removes this entity and any entities parented to it from the world.
- Functions the same as
Kill, although this entity and any entities parented to it are killed on the same frame, being marginally faster than
- Move with this entity. See Entity Hierarchy (parenting).
- Change this entity to attach to a specific attachment point on its parent. The entity will teleport so that the position of its root bone matches that of the attachment. Entities must be parented before being sent this input.
- As above, but without teleporting. The entity retains its position relative to the attachment at the time of the input being received.
- Removes this entity from the the movement hierarchy, leaving it free to move independently.
- Evaluates a keyvalue/output on this entity.
<output name> <targetname>:<inputname>:<parameter>:<delay>:<max times to fire, -1 means infinite>
- Fire the
OnUseroutputs; see User Inputs and Outputs.
- Same as a player invoking +use; may not do anything. Can also be invoked by creating an output that does not specify an input.
This input is not included in Valve's FGDs.
- Dispatches a special effect from the entity's origin. Removed and replaced entirely by the particle system since .
- Dispatches a response to the entity. See Response and Concept.
- Adds to the entity's list of response contexts. Format is
- Remove a context from this entity's list. The name should match the key of an existing context.
- Removes all contexts from this entity's list.
- Execute a VScript file from disk, without file extension. The script contents are merged with the script scope of the receiving entity.
- Execute a string of VScript source code in the scope of the entity receiving the input. String quotation may be needed when fired via console. Bug: In , the code is executed in the script scope of the entity that fires the output, not the one receiving the input.Warning: Never try to pass string parameters to a script function with this input. It will corrupt the VMF structure because of the nested quotation marks, which then must be removed manually with a text editor.
- Execute a VScript function in the scope of the receiving entity.
- Send this entity to a spot in the map. If the entity is parented to something, it will be offset from the parent by this amount.
- Set this entity's angles.
- Fired when an entity stops touching this trigger. Only entities that passed this trigger's filters will cause this output to fire. (activator is the exiting entity)
Warning: This includes entities which are deleted while inside the trigger. In this case activator will be invalid.
- Fires when the last entity in the entity's area exits this trigger or when this entity is disabled. Only entities that passed this trigger's filters are considered. (activator is the last exiting entity)
- Fired when the
TouchTestinput is called.
- Fired when an entity starts touching this trigger. The touching entity must pass this trigger's filters to cause this output to fire. (activator is the toucher)
- Fired whenever the trigger is activated. (activator is the activator)
- These outputs each fire in response to the firing of the like-numbered
FireUser4Input; see User Inputs and Outputs.
- This output fires when the entity is killed and removed from the game.