From Valve Developer Community
(Redirected from Security Camera (Portal 2))
npc_security_camerais a point entity available in the Portal series. It spawns a security camera.
Note:npc_security_camera will not collide with the player or physical entities while alive.
- Look at co-op player's pings instead
- Instead of tracking the player, looks at the location of where a playing in co-op mode has placed his look marker. (co-op mode only)
- Team Pings to Observe
- Which team's pings to look at.
- 1 : Both
- 2 : Orange
- 3 : Blue
- Which team to follow
- Which team the camera should follow.
- 0 : Both
- 2 : Orange
- 3 : Blue
- Entity Scripts
- Space delimited list of VScript files (without file extension) that are executed after all entities have spawned. The scripts are all executed in the same script scope, later ones overwriting any identical variables and functions.
- Script think function
- Name of a function in this entity's script which will be called automatically every 100 milliseconds (ten times a second) for the duration of the script. It can be used to create timers or to simulate autonomous behavior. The return value (if present) will set the time until the next call. Note:Try to avoid expensive operations in this function, as it may cause performance problems.
- Pitch Yaw Roll (Y Z X)
- This entity's orientation in the world. Pitch is rotation around the Y axis, yaw is the rotation around the Z axis, roll is the rotation around the X axis.
- World Model (model)
- The model this entity should appear as. 128-character limit.
- Skin (skin)
- Some models have multiple skins. This value selects from the index, starting with 0. Tip:Hammer's model browser automatically updates this value if you use it to view different skins.
- Model Scale (modelscale)
- A multiplier for the size of the model.
- Disable Shadows (disableshadows)
- Prevents the entity from creating cheap render-to-texture shadows, or lightmap shadows if the entity is a
prop_static. Does not affect shadow mapping.
- Disable ShadowDepth (disableshadowdepth)
- Used to disable rendering into shadow depth (for projected textures) for this entity.
- Projected Texture Cache (shadowdepthnocache)
- Used to hint projected texture system whether it is sufficient to cache shadow volume of this entity or to force render it every frame instead.
- 0 : Default
- 1 : No cache - render every frame
- 2 : Cache it - render only once
- Render in Fast Reflections (drawinfastreflection)
- If enabled, this entity will render in fast water reflections (i.e. when a water material specifies
$reflectonlymarkedentities) and in the world impostor pass.
32] : Autostart
- Toggle between ignoring and watching players.
- Start following players or pings.
- Ignore all players and pings.
- Knock the camera off the wall.
- Make the camera only follow ATLAS or their pings.
- Make the camera only follow P-Body or their pings.
- Make the camera follow all players or their pings.
- Removes this entity from the world.
- Removes this entity and its children from the world. Note:Entities already remove orphaned children upon being removed, but this input removes all children on the same frame, being marginally faster than
- Adds a keyvalue/output to this entity. It can be potentially very dangerous, use with care.
<output name> <targetname>:<inputname>:<parameter>:<delay>:<max times to fire, -1 means infinite>
- Fire the
OnUseroutputs; see User Inputs and Outputs.
- Same as a player invoking +use; may not do anything depending on the entity. Can also be invoked by firing an output that does not specify an input.
- Execute a VScript file from disk, without file extension. The script contents are merged with the script scope of the receiving entity.
- Execute a string of VScript source code in the scope of the entity receiving the input. String quotation may be needed when fired via console. Bug: In , the code is executed in the script scope of the entity that fires the output, not the one receiving the input.Warning: Never try to pass string parameters to a script function with this input. It will corrupt the VMF structure because of the nested quotation marks, which then must be removed manually with a text editor.
- Execute a VScript function in the scope of the receiving entity.
- Send this entity to a spot in the map. If the entity is parented to something, it will be offset from the parent by this amount.
- Set this entity's angles.
- Camera is becoming active and dangerous.
- Camera is becoming inactive and harmless.
- This output will fire when any co-op player STARTS taunting the camera.
- This output will fire when a co-op player on the BLUE team STARTS taunting the camera.
- This output will fire when a co-op player on the ORANGE team STARTS taunting the camera.
- This output will fire when any co-op player FINISHES taunting the camera.
- This output will fire when a co-op player on the BLUE team FINISHES taunting the camera.
- This output will fire when a co-op player on the ORANGE team FINISHES taunting the camera.
- These outputs each fire in response to the firing of the like-numbered
FireUser4Input; see User Inputs and Outputs.
- This output fires when the entity is killed and removed from the game.