From Valve Developer Community
npc_portal_turret_flooris a point entity available in the Portal series. It is a freestanding Aperture Science turret.
- Damage pushes player
- Being hit by this turret will push the player back.
- Turret is Gagged
- Turret will not speak any lines.
- Used As Actor
- Turret will not run the standard floor turret code so it can be used as an actor.
- Turret can be picked up by player
- Disables pickup by player.
- Disable Motion
- Set for turrets that can't move in the world.
- Allow Shooting through portals
- Turrets will not try to shoot through portals unless this is set.
- Maximum Range
- How far the turret will be able to see targets.
- Load Defective Models
- Should this turret precache the defective models? Needed for late switching.
- Use Super Damage
- Setting this to true will scale the turret's damage by a very large amount.
- Collision Type
- Allow collision with the player to be turned off for very special cases.
- 0 : Normal
- 1 : Debris
- Set the skin set to use for the model. Only useful on the normal model, to choose a 'broken' skin.
- Custom model to use. Must have Model value set to Unused. Defaults to "models/combine_turrets/floor_turret.mdl"
- Which model the turret uses. The skeleton turret is still functional.
- 0 : Normal
- 1 : Unused (Custom - see above)
- 2 : Box
- 3 : Backwards ("Load Defective Models" must be activated)
- 4 : Skeleton
- Skin Number
- Which skin to use for this turret. Set to 0 to select randomly.
- Pitch Yaw Roll (Y Z X)
- This entity's orientation in the world. Pitch is rotation around the Y axis, yaw is the rotation around the Z axis, roll is the rotation around the X axis.
- Entity Scripts
- Space delimited list of VScript files (without file extension) that are executed after all entities have spawned. The scripts are all executed in the same script scope, later ones overwriting any identical variables and functions.
- Script think function
- Name of a function in this entity's script which will be called automatically every 100 milliseconds (ten times a second) for the duration of the script. It can be used to create timers or to simulate autonomous behavior. The return value (if present) will set the time until the next call. Note:Try to avoid expensive operations in this function, as it may cause performance problems.
Bug: not armed npc_citizen will react and run away from turret even if they are forced to use neutral relationships with it what can ruin ai_goal_actbusy activity for example, disabling this flag can help in this cases.
- Start Inactive
- Fast Retire
- Out of Ammo
- Citizen modified (Friendly)
- Causes the turret to instantly fire at the specified entity.
- Prevents the turret to speak.
- Allows the turret to speak again.
- Enables player pickup of the turret.
- Disables player pickup of the turret.
- Cause the turret to explode immediately.
- Force this turret to be painted with bounce paint.
- Active/deactivate the turret's mechanisms.
Bug: The Enable/Disable inputs have no effect while the turret is knocked over.
- Depletes ammo from a turret, causing it to dry-fire, or restores ammo. Turrets never run out on their own.
Bug: The DepleteAmmo/RestoreAmmo inputs have no effect on Portal turrets.
- Emit a warning then self-destruct in a small explosion.
- Removes this entity from the world.
- Removes this entity and its children from the world. Note:Entities already remove orphaned children upon being removed, but this input removes all children on the same frame, being marginally faster than
- Adds a keyvalue/output to this entity. It can be potentially very dangerous, use with care.
<output name> <targetname>:<inputname>:<parameter>:<delay>:<max times to fire, -1 means infinite>
- Fire the
OnUseroutputs; see User Inputs and Outputs.
- Same as a player invoking +use; may not do anything depending on the entity. Can also be invoked by firing an output that does not specify an input.
- Execute a VScript file from disk, without file extension. The script contents are merged with the script scope of the receiving entity.
- Execute a string of VScript source code in the scope of the entity receiving the input. String quotation may be needed when fired via console. Bug: In , the code is executed in the script scope of the entity that fires the output, not the one receiving the input.Warning: Never try to pass string parameters to a script function with this input. It will corrupt the VMF structure because of the nested quotation marks, which then must be removed manually with a text editor.
- Execute a VScript function in the scope of the receiving entity.
- Send this entity to a spot in the map. If the entity is parented to something, it will be offset from the parent by this amount.
- Set this entity's angles.
- Fires when the turret is painted using Gels.
- Turret has become active and dangerous or inactive and harmless.
- Turret has been tipped over and is inactive.
- Picked up/released by Gravity Gun or +use.
- These outputs each fire in response to the firing of the like-numbered
FireUser4Input; see User Inputs and Outputs.
- This output fires when the entity is killed and removed from the game.