item_teamflag is a point entity available in Team Fortress 2. This is the "flag" in Team Fortress 2, it also called "intelligence". It is also used for the bomb in the Mann vs. Machine Gamemode, the australium in special defense, the reactor core in robot destruction and the beer bottles in player destruction.
- Entity Scripts
- Space delimited list of VScript files (without file extension) that are executed after all entities have spawned. The scripts are all executed in the same script scope, later ones overwriting any identical variables and functions.
- Script think function
- Name of a function in this entity's script which will be called automatically every 100 milliseconds (ten times a second) for the duration of the script. It can be used to create timers or to simulate autonomous behavior. The return value (if present) will set the time until the next call. Note: Try to avoid expensive operations in this function, as it may cause performance problems.
- Pitch Yaw Roll (Y Z X)
- This entity's orientation in the world. Pitch is rotation around the Y axis, yaw is the rotation around the Z axis, roll is the rotation around the X axis.
- Start Disabled (StartDisabled)
- Stay dormant until activated (probably with the
- Team (TeamNum)
- 0: Any
- 2: Red
- 3: Blue
- Game Type
- Type of game this flag will be used for.
- 0 : CTF
- 1 : Attack/Defend
- 2 : Territory Control
- 3 : Invade
- 4 : Resource Control
- Return time (in seconds)
- Length of time (in seconds) before dropped flag/intelligence returns to base.
- Trail effects
- Trail effect to use when play is carrying the flag.
- 0 : None
- 1 : Both
- 2 : Paper trail only
- 3 : Color trail only
- Neutral flag (Invade)
- Only used for the Invade game type. When should a dropped Invade flag become neutral?
- 0 : Never
- 1 : Default (30 seconds)
- 2 : Half of the Return Time.
- Scoring style (Invade)
- Only used for the Invade game type. When the Invade flag is captured, how should the team be rewarded? 'Score' is the team score in the scoreboard. 'Capture count' is the team capture count used in the HUD.
- 0 : Increment score
- 1 : Increment capture count
- Makes the flag model show even if the flag is disabled.
- The hud icon to use for the flag
- The particle effect to use for the paper trail
- The particle effect to use for the color trail
- The model to use for the flag. Defaults to
- Removes this entity from the world.
- Removes this entity and its children from the world. Note: Entities already remove orphaned children upon being removed, but this input removes all children on the same frame, being marginally faster than
- Adds a keyvalue/output to this entity. It can be potentially very dangerous, use with care.
<output name> <targetname>:<inputname>:<parameter>:<delay>:<max times to fire, -1 means infinite>
- Fire the
OnUseroutputs; see User Inputs and Outputs.
- Same as a player invoking +use; may not do anything depending on the entity. Can also be invoked by firing an output that does not specify an input.
- Execute a VScript file from disk, without file extension. The script contents are merged with the script scope of the receiving entity.
- Execute a string of VScript source code in the scope of the entity receiving the input. String quotation may be needed when fired via console. Bug: In , the code is executed in the script scope of the entity that fires the output, not the one receiving the input.Warning: Never try to pass string parameters to a script function with this input. It will corrupt the VMF structure because of the nested quotation marks, which then must be removed manually with a text editor.
- Execute a VScript function in the scope of the receiving entity.
- Send this entity to a spot in the map. If the entity is parented to something, it will be offset from the parent by this amount.
- Set this entity's angles.
- Move with this entity. See Entity Hierarchy (parenting).
- Change this entity to attach to a specific attachment point on its parent. The entity will teleport so that the position of its root bone matches that of the attachment. Entities must be parented before being sent this input.
- As above, but without teleporting. The entity retains its position relative to the attachment at the time of the input being received.
- Removes this entity from the the movement hierarchy, leaving it free to move independently.
- Enable/disable this entity from performing its task. It might also disappear from view.
- Changes the entity's Team keyvalue.
- Force the flag to be dropped if it's being carried by a player.
- Force the flag to be dropped if it's being carried by a player, then reset the flag to its original location.
- Set the length of time (in seconds) before a dropped flag returns to base
- Shows the timer icon for the length of time specified
- Hides the model.
- Shows the model.
- Set the skin to be used
- These outputs each fire in response to the firing of the like-numbered
FireUser4Input; see User Inputs and Outputs.
- This output fires when the entity is killed and removed from the game.
- Sent when the flag is returned via timer.
- Sent when the flag is picked up.
- Sent when the flag is picked up by RED.
- Sent when the flag is picked up by BLU.
- Sent when the flag is dropped.
- Sent when the flag is captured.
- Sent when the flag is captured by RED.
- Sent when the flag is captured by BLU.
- Sent when the flag is touched by a player on the same team.