func_flagdetectionzone is a brush entity available in Team Fortress 2 .
Detects when the flag (intelligence/australium/bomb) enters a zone. Compare with func_flag_alert.
- Start Disabled
- Stay dormant until activated (with the
- Initial Team
(TeamNum, or teamnumber )
- Which Team the entity belongs / is assigned to on spawn
- 0: None
- 1: Spectator
- 2: Red , Survivors , Terrorists
- 3: Blue , Infected , Counter-Terrorists
- Trigger bomb alarm when flag enters zone.
- Removes this entity from the world.
- Removes this entity and its children from the world.
Note: Entities already remove orphaned children upon being removed, but this input removes all children on the same frame, being marginally faster than
- Adds a keyvalue/output to this entity. It can be potentially very dangerous, use with care.
<output name> <targetname>:<inputname>:<parameter>:<delay>:<max times to fire, -1 means infinite>
- Fire the
OnUser outputs; see User Inputs and Outputs.
- Same as a player invoking +use; may not do anything depending on the entity. Can also be invoked by firing an output that does not specify an input.
<script> (in all games since )
- Execute a VScript file from disk, without file extension. The script contents are merged with the script scope of the receiving entity.
<string> (in all games since )
- Execute a string of VScript source code in the scope of the entity receiving the input. String quotation may be needed when fired via console.
Bug: In , the code is executed in the script scope of the entity that fires the output, not the one receiving the input. Warning: Never try to pass string parameters to a script function with this input. It will corrupt the VMF structure because of the nested quotation marks, which then must be removed manually with a text editor.
<string> (in all games since ) !FGD
- Execute a VScript function in the scope of the receiving entity.
<coordinates> (in all games since ) !FGD
- Send this entity to a spot in the map. If the entity is parented to something, it will be offset from the parent by this amount.
<angles> (in all games since ) !FGD
- Set this entity's angles.
- Move with this entity. See Entity Hierarchy (parenting).
- Change this entity to attach to a specific attachment point on its parent. The entity will teleport so that the position of its root bone matches that of the attachment. Entities must be parented before being sent this input.
- As above, but without teleporting. The entity retains its position relative to the attachment at the time of the input being received.
- Removes this entity from the the movement hierarchy, leaving it free to move independently.
- Enable/disable this entity from performing its task. It might also disappear from view.
- Send OnStartTouchFlag & OnPickedUpFlag outputs if any player with flag is touching. Send OnEndTouchFlag & OnDroppedFlag outputs if no player with flag is touching.
- Sent when a flag or flag carrier first touches the zone.
- Sent when a flag or flag carrier stops touching the zone.
- Sent when a flag is dropped in the zone.
- Sent when a flag is picked up in the zone.