- Using the changelevel console command to restart the map will cause the director to ignore the
- If you are restarting the map after a fresh compile using changelevel and you need to test out your intro sequence, use the kill console command afterwards to have the mission fail, this will cause the map to restart in a way that allows the info_director to use forcesurvivorpositions input, which will also allow your cameras to function.
- logic_auto cannot trigger
forcesurvivorpositionsunless the map was freshly loaded from the game menu as a campaign, or is restarting after mission failure.
- To get around this, have the director call forcesurvivorpositions and releasesurvivorpositions on itself using the
ongamestartinput. When your campaign is ready for release, you can safely change it back to using a logic_auto before final compilation if you wish, since players will be loading your campaign from the game menu.
- Entity Scripts (vscripts)
<scriptlist>(New with Left 4 Dead 2)
- Space delimited list of VScript files (without file extension) that are executed after all entities have spawned. The scripts are all executed in the same script scope, later ones overwriting any identical variables and functions.
- Script think function (thinkfunction)
<string>(New with Left 4 Dead 2)
- Name of a function in this entity's script which will be called automatically every 100 milliseconds (ten times a second) for the duration of the script. It can be used to create timers or to simulate autonomous behavior. The return value (if present) will set the time until the next call. Note:Try to avoid expensive operations in this function, as it may cause performance problems.
- Origin (X Y Z) (origin)
- The position of this entity's center in the world. Rotating entities typically rotate around their origin.
- Like Panic Event, but allows for some control of intensity, via the number of waves. Standard values are 1 for earlier maps, 2 for later maps.
- Note:PanicEventControlled only works in L4D1. In L4D2, a series of panic event (and much more!) are triggered by running director vscripts.
- Allow survivors to move freely again.
- Fire a speech concept to any survivor that is capable of speaking it. Allows survivor dialogue to be triggered by map entities (e.g. No Mercy's elevator with parameter hospital04_path4)
- Fire when the intro starts. Players are immune to damage while this is active. No mobs or SI will spawn.
- Fire when the intro ends. Players will now take damage. Mobs and SI can spawn given that the player is no longer standing in a nav square marked as PLAYER_START and/or CHECKPOINT.
- Can be used to enable the tank frustration meter.
- Can be used to disable the tank frustration meter.
The following are additional inputs only available in L4D2.
- Begin/End a Director VScript.
- Run a Scripted Panic Event, a staged event similar to a finale.
- Trigger a panic event, no matter what else is going on.
- End a scripted type finale stage.
- Increment a team's score. (2=survivors, 3=infected)
- Create a new journal.
- Add a task to the I/O Journal.
- Execute all tasks in the specified journal
以下是新的可用于 L4D2 的附加输出.
- Fired when a team places a scavenge item in the scavenge goal.
- Fired when a scavenge round starts.
- Timer has run out and game went into overtime.
- Time was added to the clock, ending overtime.
- Time has run out, game did not enter overtime.
- 紧张度已改变， 1 等于最高度数，紧张度随着数字变大而减小.
- Generic user defined event fired from a squirrel script (