From Valve Developer Community
logic_director_queryis a point entity available in Left 4 Dead 2. It is used to output the AI Director's 'anger' value, where the director is angered by players that are performing well. This provides an opportunity for map elements to be adjusted in an attempt to appease the AI Director. Some examples include adjusting the goal distance and increasing/decreasing obscuring weather effects.
Any number of logic_director_query entities can exist in the same map, each with their own value range and noise settings.
- Min Anger Range
- Max Anger Range
- The range of integers used to represent the director's anger. The value will be mapped within it. Choosing a wider range of numbers allows finer "anger management".
- Randomises the entity's output slightly. “No noise” will cause the output being the exact remapped value of the director's anger, while “complete noise” will result in a random number within the anger range. There are various other levels in between.
- Entity Scripts
- Space delimited list of VScript files (without file extension) that are executed after all entities have spawned. The scripts are all executed in the same script scope, later ones overwriting any identical variables and functions.
- Script think function
- Name of a function in this entity's script which will be called automatically every 100 milliseconds (ten times a second) for the duration of the script. It can be used to create timers or to simulate autonomous behavior. The return value (if present) will set the time until the next call. Note:Try to avoid expensive operations in this function, as it may cause performance problems.
- Asks the director: “On a scale of <Min Anger Range> to <Max Anger Range>, how angry are you?”
- Removes this entity from the world.
- Removes this entity and its children from the world. Note:Entities already remove orphaned children upon being removed, but this input removes all children on the same frame, being marginally faster than
- Adds a keyvalue/output to this entity. It can be potentially very dangerous, use with care.
<output name> <targetname>:<inputname>:<parameter>:<delay>:<max times to fire, -1 means infinite>
- Fire the
OnUseroutputs; see User Inputs and Outputs.
- Same as a player invoking +use; may not do anything depending on the entity. Can also be invoked by firing an output that does not specify an input.
- Execute a VScript file from disk, without file extension. The script contents are merged with the script scope of the receiving entity.
- Execute a string of VScript source code in the scope of the entity receiving the input. String quotation may be needed when fired via console. Bug: In , the code is executed in the script scope of the entity that fires the output, not the one receiving the input.Warning: Never try to pass string parameters to a script function with this input. It will corrupt the VMF structure because of the nested quotation marks, which then must be removed manually with a text editor.
- Execute a VScript function in the scope of the receiving entity.
- Send this entity to a spot in the map. If the entity is parented to something, it will be offset from the parent by this amount.
- Set this entity's angles.
- Director is this much angry (expressed as an integer), fired in response to
HowAngry. Sends the current remapped value of the director's anger to an entity of your choice (logic_case is generally the most useful).
- Confirm:Fires 20 seconds before the director's anger causes it to spawn a mob of common infected.