A prefab located in the Prefabs HL2 folder, containing a standard Combine forcefield gate, preventing the player from proceeding. This shieldwall prefab (unlike combine_shieldwall_static) can be toggled off and on again, making its build more complex in nature.
This prefab includes the following:
- Two prop_dynamic fence post models.
- A non-solid func_brush brush with an animated texture, providing a forcefield visual effect.
- A broader func_brush covered in the playerclip tooltexture that while active will only allow Combine soldiers (npc_combine_s) through.
- A trigger_hurt brush, that will electrocute the player (Damage = 10000) if he is in the middle of the forcefield when it is turned on.
- Two ambient_generic entities used to play the "idle" and the "touch" sounds.
- A trigger_multiple brush that will detect if the player is deemed touching the force field, and that will trigger the "touch" sound to play if it does.
- A logic_auto that is used to start the ambient_generic playing the idle sound of the field at the spawn of the map. See tip below.
- Two logic_relay entities - one that will handle the deactivation of the field if it's deactivated, and one that will handle the activation of the field if it's activated.
- An enveloping normal brush covered with the skip tooltexture to facilitate grouping, copying and moving this prefab.