A prefab located in the Prefabs HL2 folder, containing a standard Combine forcefield gate, preventing the player from proceeding. This shieldwall prefab (unlike combine_shieldwall) can not be toggled off and on, making its build simpler in nature.
This prefab includes the following:
- Two prop_static fence post models.
- A func_illusionary brush with an animated texture, providing a forcefield visual effect.
- A broader brush covered in the playerclip tooltexture that will block the player while still allowing NPCs through.
- Two ambient_generic entities used to play the "idle" and the "touch" sounds.
- A trigger_multiple brush that will detect if the player is deemed touching the force field, and that will trigger the "touch" sound to play if it does.
- A logic_auto that is used to start the ambient_generic playing the idle sound of the field at the spawn of the map. See tip below.
- An enveloping normal brush covered with the skip tooltexture to facilitate grouping, copying and moving this prefab.