Ricochet Level Creation/Pad
Pad is the primary element of gameplay in Ricochet. This tutorial explains how to create it.
- Create a 256x256x16 cylinder brush with 20 faces and make it
- Paint its faces with following textures:
|Color||Up and down||Sides|
|Dual-color||disc_dual1||North-west and south-east: trim_red1|
North-east and south-west: trim_blue1
- Make the side faces have 0.5 Y texture scale.
info_target8 units the pad at its center for jumping on it and call it some name.
On Arena, there is beam under pads.
To make the beam, create 2
info_targets under the pad. Place the first
info_target right under the pad in the middle, and the second 384 units below it. Create
env_beam in any place with the following parameters:
- Start entity: first info_target
- Ending entity: second info_target
- Render FX: Normal
- Brightness: 100
- Beam color: 0 120 255 (for blue pad) / 255 0 0 (for red pad)
- Radius: 256
- Life: 0
- Width of beam: 255
- Amount of noise: 20
- Sprite name: sprites/laserbeam.spr
- Texture Scroll Rate: 35
- Frames per 10 seconds: 0
- Starting frame: 0
- Strike again time: 1
- Damage: 0
- Flags: Start On, Shade End
The pad is ready. Attach some jump arrows to it.