It is unstable and falls over easily, but cannot be destroyed. It scans a 90 degree area, and will lock on to and fire at a target until that target goes is out of range or can't be seen.
When knocked over, the turret will fire randomly for a few seconds then disable (much like the floor turret from Portal). However, unlike the Portal turret, it will switch on again after being placed upright.
- Overrides the normal Combine Floor Turret model
- Skin Number
- Which skin to use for this turret. Set to 0 to select randomly.
- Pitch Yaw Roll (Y Z X) (angles)
- This entity's orientation in the world. Pitch is rotation around the Y axis, yaw is the rotation around the Z axis, roll is the rotation around the X axis.
- Entity Scripts (vscripts)
<scriptlist>(New with Left 4 Dead 2)
- Space delimited list of VScript files (without file extension) that are executed after all entities have spawned. The scripts are all executed in the same script scope, later ones overwriting any identical variables and functions.
- Script think function (thinkfunction)
<string>(New with Left 4 Dead 2)
- Name of a function in this entity's script which will be called automatically every 100 milliseconds (ten times a second) for the duration of the script. It can be used to create timers or to simulate autonomous behavior. The return value (if present) will set the time until the next call. Note:Try to avoid expensive operations in this function, as it may cause performance problems.
- Start Inactive
- Fast Retire
- Out of Ammo
- Citizen modified (Friendly) (New with Half-Life 2: Episode Two / Source 2007)
- Active/deactivate the turret's mechanisms.
- Depletes ammo from a turret, causing it to dry-fire, or restores ammo. Turrets never run out on their own.
SelfDestruct(New with Half-Life 2: Episode Two / Source 2007)
- Emit a warning then self-destruct in a small explosion.
- Removes this entity and any entities parented to it from the world.
- Functions the same as
Kill, although this entity and any entities parented to it are killed on the same frame, being marginally faster than
- Evaluates a keyvalue/output on this entity. It can be potentially very dangerous, use with care.
<output name> <targetname>:<inputname>:<parameter>:<delay>:<max times to fire, -1 means infinite>
- Fire the
OnUseroutputs; see User Inputs and Outputs.
- Same as a player invoking +use; may not do anything. Can also be invoked by creating an output that does not specify an input.
This input is not included in Valve's FGDs.
<script>(New with Left 4 Dead 2)
- Execute a VScript file from disk, without file extension. The script contents are merged with the script scope of the receiving entity.
<string>(New with Left 4 Dead 2)
- Execute a string of VScript source code in the scope of the entity receiving the input. String quotation may be needed when fired via console. Bug: In , the code is executed in the script scope of the entity that fires the output, not the one receiving the input.Warning: Never try to pass string parameters to a script function with this input. It will corrupt the VMF structure because of the nested quotation marks, which then must be removed manually with a text editor.
<string>(New with Left 4 Dead 2) !FGD
- Execute a VScript function in the scope of the receiving entity.
<coordinates>(New with Alien Swarm) !FGD
- Send this entity to a spot in the map. If the entity is parented to something, it will be offset from the parent by this amount.
<angles>(New with Alien Swarm) !FGD
- Set this entity's angles.
- Turret has become active and dangerous or inactive and harmless.
- Turret has been tipped over and is inactive.
- Picked up/released by Gravity Gun or +use.
- These Outputs each fire in response to the firing of the like-numbered
FireUser4Input; see User Inputs and Outputs.
OnKilled(Only in the Left 4 Dead series)
- This Output fires when the entity is killed and removed from the game.