The haptic_relay is an entity which ostensibly has the power to trigger force-feedback in VR controllers based on its properties being similar to env_shake. It appears to share some attributes with logic_relay but requires additional testing for use.
To do: Test this entity for its intended uses and update this page with use-cases
Investigate: .hpt files in scripts/haptics, audio2haptic_inputkv.txt, and OnHandEvent input.
- The world space origin of the entity.
- The pitch, yaw, roll orientation of the entity.
- The x, y, z scales of the entity. Not all entities can use this.
- Transform Locked
- Lock the transform at its current value, preveting the transform of the node from being modified.
- Force Hidden
- Visually hides the entity from the viewports. The Outliner pane will still list hidden entities.
- Editor Only
- Entity is only displayed in Hammer and will not appear in game.
- The name that other entities refer to this entity by.
- Misc Entity Scripts
- Name(s) of script files that are executed after all entities have spawned.
- Frequency of the haptic pulse (0 - 100) Default (50)
- Amplitude of haptic pulse (0.0 - 1.0) Default (0.5)
- Duration of the haptic pulse in seconds Default (0.1)
- Fired in response to FireUser1 input
- Fired in response to FireUser2 input
- Fired in response to FireUser3 input
- Fired in response to FireUser4 input
- Fire when the entity is killed and removed from the game.
- Execute a VScript file from disk, without file extension. The script contents are merged with the script scope of the receiving entity.
- Execute a string of VScript source code in the scope of the entity receiving the input. String quotation may be needed when fired via console.
- Execute a VScript function in the scope of the receiving entity.
- Execute a VScript function from this entity's private script scope
- Execute a VScript function from the global script scope
- Removes this entity from the world.
- Removes this entity and its children from the world. Note:Entities already remove orphaned children upon being removed, but this input removes all children on the same frame, being marginally faster than
- Adds a keyvalue/output to this entity. It can be potentially very dangerous, use with care.
<output name> <targetname>:<inputname>:<parameter>:<delay>:<max times to fire, -1 means infinite>
- Fire the
OnUseroutputs; see User Inputs and Outputs.
- Trigger the relay with an input that has the player as activator and HandID as value