From Valve Developer Community
filter_activator_name is a point entity available in all Source games. It is a filter that filters by the targetname of the activator.
- Filter Name
- The name to filter by. If the filter mode is Allow, only entities whose name matches the given string will pass the filter. If the filter mode is Disallow, all entities EXCEPT those whose name matches the string will pass the filter.
- Inverts the filter, making the specified concept fail and all others pass.
- The targetname that other entities refer to this entity by.
- Entity Scripts
<scriptlist>(New with Left 4 Dead 2)
- Space delimited list of VScript files (without file extension) that are executed after all entities have spawned. The scripts are all executed in the same script scope, later ones overwriting any identical variables and functions.
- Script think function
<string>(New with Left 4 Dead 2)
- Name of a function in this entity's script which will be called automatically every 100 milliseconds (ten times a second) for the duration of the script. It can be used to create timers or to simulate autonomous behavior. The return value (if present) will set the time until the next call. Note:Try to avoid expensive operations in this function, as it may cause performance problems.
- Tests the entity that called the input (the !activator) against the filter, and fires either the
OnFailoutput.Bug:Calling this input from the
OnEndTouchoutput of a trigger will crash the server if a client disconnects within it!
- Removes this entity from the world.
- Removes this entity and all its children from the world.
- Evaluates a keyvalue/output on this entity. It can be potentially very dangerous, use with care.
<output name> <targetname>:<inputname>:<parameter>:<delay>:<max times to fire, -1 means infinite>
- Fire the
OnUseroutputs; see User Inputs and Outputs.
- Same as a player invoking +use; may not do anything. Can also be invoked by creating an output that does not specify an input.
This input is not included in Valve's FGDs.
<script>(New with Left 4 Dead 2)
- Execute a VScript file from disk, without file extension. The script contents are merged with the script scope of the receiving entity.
<string>(New with Left 4 Dead 2)
- Execute a string of VScript source code in the scope of the entity receiving the input. String quotation may be needed when fired via console. Bug:Warning:Never try to pass string parameters to a script function with this input. It will corrupt the VMF structure because of the nested quotation marks, which then must be removed manually with a text editor.
<string>(New with Left 4 Dead 2) !FGD
- Execute a VScript function in the scope of the receiving entity. Note:This input is missing from some games FGD files.
<origin>(New with Alien Swarm) !FGD
- Set this entity's origin in the map. Note:This input is missing from some games FGD files.
<angles>(New with Alien Swarm) !FGD
- Set this entity's angles in the map. Note:This input is missing from some games FGD files.
- Fired if in response to the
- These Outputs each fire in response to the firing of the like-numbered
FireUser4Input; see User Inputs and Outputs.
(New with Left 4 Dead)
- This Output fires when the entity is killed and removed from the game.