Portal - Tutorial - Radio
Note: The radios here will show you how to create the radios from the pre-2010 patch for Portal, some of these radios can still be seen in Portal's vmf files and even in test chamber 16's advanced version. You will have to be creative if you want to create your own proximity radios with the glow sprite.
- Create a prop_physics_override entity and set its World Model keyvalue to
models/props/radio_reference.mdl. Place it where you want in your map.
- Name the radio
- Create an ambient_generic entity and place it near the radio. Name it
- Make the radio_sound_1's Sound Name
Portal.room1_Radio. Make its Source Entity Name
- Make sure none of radio_sound_1's flags are checked.
The radio is now complete!
If you are using fizzler on your map, then:
- Create an ambient_generic entity and place it inside the fizzler. Name it
- Make the radio_sound_fizzle's Sound Name
- Create a filter_activator_name. Name it
radio_filter. Set Filter Name to
- Create a trigger_once with the same size and same position as the trigger_portal_cleanser, set the filter to
radio_filterand set the following outputs:
|Output named||Target entities||Via this input||Parameter||Delay|