This article is a stub. You can help by adding to it.
Holiday Entity. This is used to force a specific holiday on a map, usually Halloween.
This entity is also used to enable the Spell UI via its SetHalloweenUsingSpells input.
- Entity Scripts
- Space delimited list of VScript files (without file extension) that are executed after all entities have spawned. The scripts are all executed in the same script scope, later ones overwriting any identical variables and functions.
- Script think function
- Name of a function in this entity's script which will be called automatically every 100 milliseconds (ten times a second) for the duration of the script. It can be used to create timers or to simulate autonomous behavior. The return value (if present) will set the time until the next call. Note:Try to avoid expensive operations in this function, as it may cause performance problems.
- Controls the special events.
Value Description None No special event. Birthday Setting to this enables the use of Birthday-restricted gear on the map. In addition, all actions which would normally draw blood will produce random party effects and there is a chance of a birthday beach ball spawning on the map. Halloween Setting to this enables the use of Halloween-restricted gear on the map as well as causes halloween candy (which provides a brief mini-crit effect when collected) to randomly drop from killed players.
To do: See if there are other effects associated with the events.
- Removes this entity from the world.
- Removes this entity and its children from the world. Note:Entities already remove orphaned children upon being removed, but this input removes all children on the same frame, being marginally faster than
- Adds a keyvalue/output to this entity. It can be potentially very dangerous, use with care.
<output name> <targetname>:<inputname>:<parameter>:<delay>:<max times to fire, -1 means infinite>
- Fire the
OnUseroutputs; see User Inputs and Outputs.
- Same as a player invoking +use; may not do anything depending on the entity. Can also be invoked by firing an output that does not specify an input.
- Execute a VScript file from disk, without file extension. The script contents are merged with the script scope of the receiving entity.
- Execute a string of VScript source code in the scope of the entity receiving the input. String quotation may be needed when fired via console. Bug: In , the code is executed in the script scope of the entity that fires the output, not the one receiving the input.Warning: Never try to pass string parameters to a script function with this input. It will corrupt the VMF structure because of the nested quotation marks, which then must be removed manually with a text editor.
- Execute a VScript function in the scope of the receiving entity.
- Send this entity to a spot in the map. If the entity is parented to something, it will be offset from the parent by this amount.
- Set this entity's angles.
- Disable/Enable spells for this map. Only works on Halloween maps. (0 disable, 1 enable)Note:This affects whether or not players drop spells on death and whether or not spells appear on the HUD. Spells placed in the map via. Hammer will work regardless.
- Teleport all players to hell.
- These outputs each fire in response to the firing of the like-numbered
FireUser4Input; see User Inputs and Outputs.
- This output fires when the entity is killed and removed from the game.