Setup Gates are orange-colored gates that open for the attacking team on Control Point and Payload maps once the setup timer ends.
Create the Props
First, place a
prop_static, and set it to
props_gameplay/door_grate001_frame.mdl, to size your doorway correctly. Next, create a second
prop_static and set it to
props_gameplay/door_grate001_floorplate.mdl. Align the floorplate with the bottom of the door frame, and copy it rotate it for the top of the doorway.
- Create a
prop_dynamicand set the model to
Property Name Description Value World Model The model of the entity props_gameplay/door_grate_001_top.mdl Disable Shadows Self Explanatory Yes Name Self Explanatory grate_prop_top Collisions Type of collisions for this model Not Solid
- This is your grate top, align it with the top of the door frame.
- Copy this model and change the model to
props_gameplay/door_grate_001_bottom.mdland the name to grate_prop_bottom.
- This is your grate bottom, align it with the bottom of the door frame.
props_gameplay/door_gratemodels for your grates. This tutorial uses
door_grate001as an example.
Door Entity Setup
- Create a brush as close to the size of the top grate model as possible. Texture it
metal/imetal001bor any other metal texture.
- Tie this brush to the
Property Name Description Value Name Self Explanatory grate_door_top Render Mode Self Explanatory Dont Render Disable Receiving Shadows Self Explanatory Yes Disable Shadows Self Explanatory Yes Speed Rate at which the door opens 300 Delay Before Reset Set to -1 to stay open -1 Move Direction Direction Door Opens Up
- Open the Flags tab and uncheck Touch Opens, so that players cannot prematurely open the gates by touching them.
- Copy this func_door and drag it to cover the bottom grate. Set the name to grate_door_bottom. Change the Move Direction parameter for the new door to
Parenting the Props
- Set the Parent parameter of the top grate model (
grate_prop_top) to grate_door_top.
- Likewise, parent the bottom grate model to grate_door_bottom.
This tutorial assumes you know how to set up a
- Select your
team_round_timerand select the Outputs tab.
You should now have one setup gate that opens at the end of the setup timer.