From Valve Developer Community
To do: Does it work with a soundscape as well?
A short list of variables used for many events are as follows.
See Adding Sound for a full list.
- The world space origin of the entity.
- The pitch, yaw, roll orientation of the entity.
- The x, y, z scales of the entity. Not all entities can use this.
- Transform Locked
- Lock the transform at its current value, preveting the transform of the node from being modified.
- Force Hidden
- Visually hides the entity from the viewports. The Outliner pane will still list hidden entities.
- Editor Only
- Entity is only displayed in Hammer and will not appear in game.
- The name that other entities refer to this entity by.
- Misc Entity Scripts
- Name(s) of script files that are executed after all entities have spawned.
- Parent (parentname)
- Specifies a movement parent. An entity will maintain its initial offset from its parent.
- Parent Model Bone/Attachment Name (parentAttachmentName)
- The name of the bone or attachment to attach to on the entity's parent in the movement hierarchy. Use !bonemerge to use bone-merge style attachment.
- Model Attachment position offset (local.origin)
- Offset in the local space of the parent model's attachment/bone to use in hierarchy. Not used if you are not using parent attachment.
- Model Attachment angular offset (local.angles)
- Angular offset in the local space of the parent model's attachment/bone to use in hierarchy. Not used if you are not using parent attachment.
- Model Attachment scale (local.scales)
- Scale in the local space of the parent model's attachment/bone to use in hierarchy. Not used if you are not using parent attachment.
- Use Model Attachment Offset (useLocalOffset)
- Whether to respect the specified local offset when doing the initial hierarchical attachment to its parent.
- Parameter Name
- Name of the parameter to set
- Float Value
- Single float value to set on parameter.
- Fire when the entity is killed and removed from the game.
- Fired in response to FireUser1 input
- Fired in response to FireUser2 input
- Fired in response to FireUser3 input
- Fired in response to FireUser4 input
- Execute a VScript file from disk, without file extension. The script contents are merged with the script scope of the receiving entity.
- Execute a string of VScript source code in the scope of the entity receiving the input. String quotation may be needed when fired via console.
- Execute a VScript function in the scope of the receiving entity.
- Execute a VScript function from this entity's private script scope
- Execute a VScript function from the global script scope
- Removes this entity from the world.
- Removes this entity and its children from the world. Note:Entities already remove orphaned children upon being removed, but this input removes all children on the same frame, being marginally faster than
- Adds a keyvalue/output to this entity. It can be potentially very dangerous, use with care.
<output name> <targetname>:<inputname>:<parameter>:<delay>:<max times to fire, -1 means infinite>
- Fire the
OnUseroutputs; see User Inputs and Outputs.
- Changes the entity's parent in the movement hierarchy
- Changes this entity to attach to a specific attachment point on its parent. Entities must be parented before being sent this input. The parameter passed in should be the name of the attachment.
- Changes this entity to attach to a specific attachment point on its parent. Entities must be parented before being sent this input. The parameter passed in should be the name of the attachment. The entity will maintain it's position relative to the parent at the time it is attached.
- Removes this entity from the movement hierarchy, leaving it free to move independently.
- Set the name of the parameter to set on the soundevent.
- Set the name of the sound event to play. Note:Probably a bad description
- Start the sound event using a snd_event_point and pass its guid output to this.