Used to place a Sentry Gun in your map. The Sentry Gun is a defensive building that puts heavy fire on any enemies that come into range. The Sentry Gun has a range of 1100 Hammer Units from its origin.
- Entity Scripts
- Space delimited list of VScript files (without file extension) that are executed after all entities have spawned. The scripts are all executed in the same script scope, later ones overwriting any identical variables and functions.
- Script think function
- Name of a function in this entity's script which will be called automatically every 100 milliseconds (ten times a second) for the duration of the script. It can be used to create timers or to simulate autonomous behavior. The return value (if present) will set the time until the next call. Note: Try to avoid expensive operations in this function, as it may cause performance problems.
- Pitch Yaw Roll (Y Z X)
- This entity's orientation in the world. Pitch is rotation around the Y axis, yaw is the rotation around the Z axis, roll is the rotation around the X axis.
- 2 : Red
- 3 : Blue
- Starting Upgrade Level
- Object spawns in the selected level.
- 0 : Level 1
- 1 : Level 2
- 2 : Level 3
Note: Values higher than 2 are accepted (need to be typed in with SmartEdit off), with the limit being 90. With higher levels, the objects gain more health/damage/recharge speed.
- Object is solid or non-solid to players. !FGD
- 1 : Solid
- 0 : Non-solid
- 2 : Invulnerable Bug: Invulnerable buildings can still be stunned with the Sapper, or completely destroyed with the Red Tape Recorder
- 4 : Upgradable
- 8 : Infinite Ammo
- Removes this entity from the world.
- Removes this entity and its children from the world. Note: Entities already remove orphaned children upon being removed, but this input removes all children on the same frame, being marginally faster than
- Adds a keyvalue/output to this entity. It can be potentially very dangerous, use with care.
<output name> <targetname>:<inputname>:<parameter>:<delay>:<max times to fire, -1 means infinite>
- Fire the
OnUseroutputs; see User Inputs and Outputs.
- Same as a player invoking +use; may not do anything depending on the entity. Can also be invoked by firing an output that does not specify an input.
- Execute a VScript file from disk, without file extension. The script contents are merged with the script scope of the receiving entity.
- Execute a string of VScript source code in the scope of the entity receiving the input. String quotation may be needed when fired via console. Bug: In , the code is executed in the script scope of the entity that fires the output, not the one receiving the input.Warning: Never try to pass string parameters to a script function with this input. It will corrupt the VMF structure because of the nested quotation marks, which then must be removed manually with a text editor.
- Execute a VScript function in the scope of the receiving entity.
- Send this entity to a spot in the map. If the entity is parented to something, it will be offset from the parent by this amount.
- Set this entity's angles.
- Move with this entity. See Entity Hierarchy (parenting).
- Change this entity to attach to a specific attachment point on its parent. The entity will teleport so that the position of its root bone matches that of the attachment. Entities must be parented before being sent this input.
- As above, but without teleporting. The entity retains its position relative to the attachment at the time of the input being received.
- Removes this entity from the the movement hierarchy, leaving it free to move independently.
- Sets the current and maximum health. If the object is upgraded, the health will scale according to the new value.
- Bug: Crashes if set to 0.
- Increase the current health of the object. Does not surpass maximum health. Does not destroy the building if set at 0.
- Decrease current health of the object. Destroys the object if the health hits 0.
- Sets the object to be solid or non-solid to players. 0 - non-solid, 1 - solid. !FGD
- Note: The builder of the building will always be solid to the object.
- Ses the team the object is allied to. Does not change skin.
- Sets the skin the object uses. Useful in conjunction with
- Sets the builder of the object to the !activator.
- Makes the building visible and re-enables it.
- Makes the building invisible and disables it.
- Enable the object.
- Note: Using
Enableafter using the
Hideinput will enable the building and keep it invisible.
Enablewill reset the upgrade level on the object. Use the
Showinput instead, which properly re-enables the object.
- Disable the object.
- These outputs each fire in response to the firing of the like-numbered
FireUser4Input; see User Inputs and Outputs.
- This output fires when the entity is killed and removed from the game.