|This mod is available on Steam.|
Enter steam://run/235780 in your address bar to play.
You can also enter steam://store/235780 or visit the store to download this game.
Pervasive. Literary. Brutal. Experimental.
MINERVA is not a conventional modification, but was instead an ongoing, episodic series of single-player Half-Life 2 maps under development by Adam Foster. The mod was suspended when Adam was hired by Valve.
The maps are linked by a common plotline, based in the Half-Life 2 universe but with ... extensions. Significantly influenced by games such as the Marathon and System Shock series, each map will feature enigmatic directions and instructions from an unknown third party, continuous with the well-received Half-Life map Someplace Else.
The first full chapter, Metastasis, was completed on October 1, 2007. It requires Half-Life 2: Episode One to play and contains five maps, including updated versions of the two originally released on September 2, 2005 and the second on March 3, 2006. Updates include improved graphics, AI, scripting and HDR lighting.
- Development blog
- Forum - plot speculation, gameplay discussion, troubleshooting and walkthroughs
- Steam store page
- Ten Four Maps review (giving it their renowned Gold Award)
- Rock, Paper, Shotgun review
- Wikipedia:MINERVA (video game)
- LocWorks, the team which provided the various language packs (formerly the Sarmatia Project)
- Joseph Toscano: composer of additional music for MINERVA.